Wednesday, March 4, 2009

We're here!

Hello from Jerusalem!  So, we finally made it to Israel.  Our plane landed in Tel Aviv today (Wednesday) at 4:10pm (which was 8:10am in Amarillo).  We had no issues really, except having to sit on the runway in Dallas for 1 hour and 20 minutes.  But we finally made it to Newark for a 5 hour layover, and then had a 9 hour flight to Tel Aviv.  Jody and I both took some good medicine, so we ended up sleeping at least 6-8 of those hours.  (I lost count.)  We heard it was a VERY bumpy ride, but neither of us remember it.  We then had a bus ride from Tel Aviv to our hotel in Jerusalem.  We are all pretty exhausted, but had a good dinner, took a little walk with another couple on the trip, then came back to our room to talk on the computer with our girls.  (Oh how I am LOVING Skype!)  Well, I haven't downloaded any pictures yet, but I really want to go to bed now, so I will just have to leave it at that.  Goodnight all!  


PS...Michael Medved was on our flight from Newark to Tel Aviv (for those of you who even know who that is.  I only kinda know of him through Jody listening to him on the radio.)

PPS...my blog settings and sign in are ALL in Hebrew.  How in the world does that happen, and how do I change it.  Hmmm...

4 comments:

Amanda said...

yay!! I'm so glad you made it safely!!! What an incredible adventure!! SO exciting!!

Ingram Gang said...

yippy skippy.
Glad you made it. Now go have FUN!

Magen said...

I flew into that same airport when we went. It's cool being able to picture where you are at right now! You are in for a really unforgettable time! Make sure to take some paper and a pen with you for submitting a prayer to the Western (Wailing) Wall!

L Carroll said...

What an incredible journey! We are all praying for you and can't wait to see pictures and hear all your stories. Love ya!