Friday, March 27, 2009

Blizzard of '09...

Yep, you read that right. We were in a BLIZZARD yesterday in Amarillo. It was so great! It did remind me that if we ever move, a fireplace is definitely a requirement! I love having a fireplace!

This was the first year that Mia actually enjoyed the snow instead of being scared still of it, literally! She had so much fun playing in it. Today is the part of snow that I don't like, the ugly melting process.

So, here are some fun pictures of our Snowy Spring Day.


Yep, going down the slide.

Helping Daddy carry in firewood.  (we didn't get enough the night before.)

Funny face.  We all (minus Jody) wore our Christmas pjs the night before, it just seemed appropriate.  She's watching Mia and Daddy in the snow.  



Before the snow fun.

After the snow fun.


Making Snow angels.



The snow fight begins.
Making Snowballs.
Not fair!  (Mia LOVED it!)






This was round 2 after lunch...Front Yard.

It looks like Jody is just dragging Mia through the snow, he's actually swinging her around in the air.  


The snow drifts were taller than Mia.



Watching her sister and daddy, once again, while she's in the warm inside.  She didn't seem too jealous.

Peeking over the shrubs.

Round two ended with Mia realizing she had a ton of snow on the skin of her back, she was mad, and ready to call it a day.  

5 comments:

Meg said...

I remember those pictures of her crying in the snow. Now she's a BIG GIRL! I can't believe the weather Amarillo! It's nice and warm here....jeans and flip flop weather. :)

Ingram Gang said...

Those were cute.


Noah didn't want to play. His exact words: I better not. I might get my feet frozen. And then they might be frozen to death. And then they might fall off. So I'll dist stay here and hold my football cards. But I think Kayt wants to play in it. (as she is only half dressed because she doesn't like to wear a shirt)

End of conversation.

The Detwilers said...

looks like a fun day!! Eisley will be out there next year!!

The Johnsons said...

Too cute! I love how Jody and Jonathan both played in the snow with their girls...what sweet memories!

L Carroll said...

Seriously, I love to see Daddy and daughter play time! Little jealous, but I love to see it :) Wonderful memories...