Monday, March 9, 2009

Tiberius...

Yesterday, we checked out of our hotel in Jerusalem, and make the trip here to Tiberius.  Its about 60 miles away, but we made it a day long trip, seeing many sites in between.  Today (Monday) we spent the day working at a school.  We did a lot of dirt work, including Jody working VERY hard digging a drainage tunnel away from the side of the school into a little pond area.  We also cleared out a bomb shelter of a lot of debris.  (Many bomb shelters around the area are used as storage, so when the actual NEED for the shelter comes, it is by no means suitable for people.  We really had a great day.  We will work there again Wednesday and Thursday.  


Let me just tell you, I have been completely overwhelmed by the magnificance of the Lord.  Every now and then, his spirt just hits a little more, then a little more, and today was just one of those days.  Its GORGEOUS here in Tiberius.  We have moved from dirty desert BLAH (even though the city of Jerusalem is amazing in its own Glory of the Lord, but not by looks, if that makes sense.)  to a city of lush, green beautiful hills and a gorgeous Sea of Galilee.  Our room has an incredible view of the Sea.  Its just breathtaking.  So, as we were driving to our hotel (which is about an hour away) I just got to listen to my music and watch the beauty of the Lord.  I was really overcome by emotion on our way home as I listened to a band call Jesus Culture.   They are a worship band, and it was one of the first times here in Israel where I heard the words to a song that I love to sing with and worship with, but NOW it meant something completely different.  I have seen, felt, experienced so many things of the Lord over here, so the words of the Bible just mean so much more.  I know I'm not making much sense, but just believe me, it has just been amazing.  The Lord made it clear to me that this trip would be a life-changing experience for me, and wow, it has already, and we aren't finished.  God is just so amazing, and His beauty amongst His people is just breathtaking!  

Our internet at this hotel is MUCH slower for some reason, so I can't post any pictures yet.  Instead, I will leave you the lyrics to one of my "bus songs" today that literally brought me to tears by its new meaning to me.  (Don't forget to keep checking in on our trip website.  It has lots of details and pictures of us here.)

     My Romance (Jesus Culture)
Look at the way the flowers bloom for you,
they want to show you their beauty, Lord
Running waters dance,
You and I romance

Unto You, be all the glory

Angels dance around You
The earth it sings about You
Open up the heavens, Lord,
Let your kingdom come to earth

My praises all surround You
My soul can't dance without You
Open up the heavens Lord
Let your kingdom come to earth

6 comments:

Ingram Gang said...

l LOVE YOU!

Amanda said...

I LOVE reading this!!! It's so incredible that you guys are there!

Brooke said...

Sarah,
I have not checked your blog in the last couple of weeks so I had no idea you were going to the Holy Land. WOW. That is so cool yall are getting to see and experience all of the Holy Land. I will keep yall in my prayers.
Brooke

The Johnsons said...

You should be on your way home to your sweet baby girls! Praying you have a FABULOUS homecoming!!

The Leonhart's said...

Are you ever going to come home from Tiberius?! You were supposed to be home 4 days ago!

The Leonhart's said...

Are you ever going to come home from Tiberius?! You were supposed to be home 4 days ago!