Tuesday, March 17, 2009

We are home...

I am still waiting for my head to stop spinning, but its just not happening. Maybe tomorrow.

We got back to town Saturday afternoon, after a very LONG 12 hour flight, then 4 hour flight, then 1 hour flight. (all with some layovers in between.) We made it back with no real issues, and believe me, I was BEYOND ready to see my girls! They greeted us at the airport with amazing roses, big signs, and even bigger hugs and kisses. (more pictures of that later.)

Since it has seemed like a whirlwind of laundry, jet lag, adjusting, and then going to Lubbock Monday night so Eisley could get tubes yesterday morning (which couldn't have gone better, well, waiting the 3 hours before her surgery could have been shorter, but I'm just glad its over. Eisley's doing GREAT!) I have just not had time to sit down at the computer to post pictures of our trip. And honestly, even the thought of that has seemed overwhelming. That's why I decided that I am going to try to make a post every day for the next couple of days with some pictures of each day of our trip (well, only the touring days.) We'll see if I can hold myself to that good plan. I can not promise you captions on ALL the pictures. I'm having a hard time remembering what each picture was of.

Both Jody and I are so glad to be home, but both of us talk about how our hearts long to be back. I don't know if I could necessarily live over there, but I would LOVE to visit Israel once a year, at least, for the rest of my life. We just simply loved it and want to go back with each and every one of you. I hope you each get a chance in your life to visit this Glorious place that Jesus Himself grew up. Amazing.

So, for now, I will try to post some pictures. (as long as the internet isn't too slow. It has a mind of its own.) Enjoy!


Day 1 - 
On this day we visited the recent discovery of the City of David, Peter's Cock Crow, Southern Steps, Western Wall, Rabbinical Tunnels, and simply received a great overview of the history of Jerusalem.

An overlook of Jerusalem, what Beauty!


Our hotel bath, everyone seems curious about our accommodations, it was a Sheraton, very nice

Even a few English shows, like CNN, Fox News, MTV, and VH


Our "home on the road" our touring bus, good times

Another overlook of Jerusalem


You can see the mount of Olives from this view (that big tall building is on the Mount)



Jody and Tom at the Western (Wailing) Wall


A Jewish class in Jerusalem



Sitting on the Southern Steps (Yep, Jesus taught on these steps)


They had Coke in Israel, but it wasn't so yummy.  

The Southern Steps at dawn


The Western Wall at dawn


The Women side of the Western Wall (yep, segregated)

2 comments:

Bethany Fields said...

I love your pictures and have been following your trip! I can't wait to hear more about it. So glad Eisley's surgery went well!! Been thinking and praying for you...

Sam and Mandy said...

Great pictures; I loved the ones taken at dawn. I am excited to hear about the rest of the trip.