Sunday, March 22, 2009

Day 2

On the 2nd day of touring Jerusalem, we visited many sites of where Jesus himself walked.  We started off at the Garden Tomb of Jesus, then went for a time of worship on the Mt of Olives (here we sat on an overlook of Jerusalem, where Jody led us in a time of worship and we were able to sing out and pray over Jerusalem, it was one of the most powerful times in Israel for me.), and ending the day in the Garden of Gethsemani.  This was such a wonderful day of picturing Jesus himself in each of these places.  I will never read the Bible the same again.  (oh, we also got to go to a Holocaust museum today, it was also quite moving.)








Jody leading us in worship in the Garden.  We also had communion here.  I could have stayed here for several hours.  It was a beautiful Garden.



"Excuse me sir, He's not in there.  He is RISEN."  :)  

Quite possibly Golgotha, where Jesus hung on the cross.  Can you see the skull face in the rock.  (Kinda hard to see in a picture.)






Jody and Chris are so Spiritual.  Ahem...

The tomb entrance.

Where possibly Jesus was buried. Wow, can you just imagine????



Jody leading worship on the Mt of Olives.  POWERFUL!

Looking out from the Mt of Olives.

The Holocaust museum.  


The Golden Gates.  Wow!  Where Jesus will re-enter His City!

Garden of Gethsemani

Cathedral at the Garden of Gethsemani




Quite possibly the exact Olive Tree that Jesus sat and prayed under, while the disciples slept.  (Yes, these trees really do date back to Jesus' time.)


This was one of my favorite days in Israel!  Ah, the history I learned!  This transformed me!
More days to come...

1 comments:

Sam and Mandy said...

Wow, amazing pictures! I can't imagine being right there were Jesus was! I'll be anxiously awaiting more!