Sunday, March 1, 2009

It's almost time...

*Update...I originally thought that Israel was 11 hours ahead of Amarillo time, but now I think it is only 8 hours.  (That is only if Jody's iphone is correct, and he assures me that his Iphone is NEVER wrong. Hmmm.)  Leaving the girls tonight was rough, really rough.  But we did it!  The first few days are always the hardest, well, until the last couple of days, but we'll do great, I promise.  Goodnight to all!

*I think this is the group blog for our trip to ISRAEL.  Feel free to check in on it to see what we're doing.*

This Tuesday (yes, 35 hours from right now) Jody and I begin on our journey to Israel with 10 other people.  We will be gone for 12 days.  This is definitely the longest I have EVER been away from the girls.  Just tonight, as I have started packing (which is amazing for me.  I am usually a very last minute packer.  What if I need something?  That's always my excuse.) it began to hit me that we will be leaving in two short days.  I am truly holding back tears right now as I type.  (The keys are getting blurry.  Hold it together Sarah!)  :)  Since I'm pretty sure tomorrow is going to be kinda crazy, I thought I'd go ahead and fill everyone in on how they could be praying for us while we are gone.  Hopefully I will be able to spend a little time blogging while I'm away, and even post pictures, but we'll see.  So, here is a brief summery of what we will be doing, and how you can pray for us. 

Praying...
- For Eisley to get BETTER.  (She has been sick since Wednesday with a constant fever, probably just the flu like her sister had earlier in the week.)
-For Jody and I to be able to enjoy our time away and allow the Lord to transform our view of Him, the Bible, and everything in between.
- For the Lord to protect my heart from missing the girls and home too much.  I know He will do this for me.  
-For strength, rest, HEALTH and safety while we travel.
-For my motion sickness to not bother me at ALL.  (We will get to have a dinner on the Sea of Galilee.) If Jesus can calm the exact same sea, HE can also calm my stomach on that sea. (oh thats good, if I say so myself.)
- For the week to fly by for the girls, and for them not to miss us too much.  
-For both Jody's and my families who are caring for the girls while we are gone.  Give them strength, patience, and a great time loving on our girls.


Our Schedule...(Israel is 11 hours ahead of Amarillo Time.)

Day 1 and 2 (Tues, 3/3, Wed 3/4)- Travel to Dallas, Newark, then Tel Aviv (then driving to Jerusalem) settle into our hotel

Day 3 (Thurs, 3/5)- City of David, Southern Steps, Western Wall, Temple Mount, and the Rabbinical Tunnels

Day 4 (Fri, 3/6)- Today we walk where Jesus walked.  Mount of Olives, Garden of Gethsemane, Peter's Cock Crow and the Pavement, and the Garden Tomb.

Day 5 (Sat, 3/7)- Fortress of Masada, float the Dead Sea, Ein Gedi, and Qumran

Day 6 (Sun, 3/8)- Travel from Jerusalem to new hotel stay in Tiberias. Will also visit Beit Shean, and Gideon Springs.

Day 7, 8, 9 (Mon, 3/9- Wed 3/11)- These days we will be doing work at a school (plastering, painting, etc.) Jody will be very good at this.

Day 10 (Thurs, 3/12) Today visit the Golon Heights, Caesarea Philippi and Mt Arbel.  And dinner on the Sea of Galilee.

Day 11 and 12 (Fri, 3/13-Sat 3/14) Checking out of our hotel, then visiting, Mt. of Beatitudes, Capernaum, Tabgha, then travel back to Tel Aviv airport.  GOING HOME!!!   Should arrive back in Amarillo on Saturday afternoon.



So, yes, we are very excited, a little nervous, but so excited.  We both know that it is going to be a life-changing trip, and I can't wait to see what the Lord has for us!  Thank you each for praying for us and our families.  Blessings!

8 comments:

Magen said...

I have been to all those places! You are in for the time of your lives. It will be AWESOME! I want to go back and I can't wait to see pics. Will be praying for y'all. Enjoy!

Ingram Gang said...

Lots of praying for you and the family over the next two weeks.
I agree, your life and your understanding of the scriptures will soon be put into more perspective than ever before.

Call me today when you have time. I wanted to ask you something. Let me know if you need any help getting ready.

Cynthia Meeks said...

Wow, this sounds amazing! Jered and I will be praying for you guys to be safe and for the girls too. Good luck and try to update if you can, i would love to hear what it is like over there!

Anne Christian said...

wow!! I will definitely be praying for you guys and ofcourse your girls!! I hope you have such a wonderful time! I can't wait for you to blog about it! To walk where Jesus walked how cool is that?!

Amanda said...

incredible!!

My heart is aching for you though! I know that pull you feel when you have to leave your kids! That just shows what a great mom you are!

I am so glad that you guys are going! Such an awesome adventure my sweet friend! Can't wait to read all about it!

Brie said...

I'm praying for you right now as you are probably just now getting in the air! I know how hard it must be. It was sooo sooo hard for me to leave Mali when we went to Nepal on her 1st birthday, so I can only imagine. AND, that is why I haven't been to Israel either, because of my girls! But once you get there, I know it will be so wonderful and freeing to not have your precious girls with you! Praying.

The Johnsons said...

Sarah, what an AMAZING gift this is!! And what a blessing to have the family you have to love on your girls the whole time!! God is going to rock your world and I can't wait to hear all about it! Praying...

The Barnyards said...

Praying for you guys! Can't imagine the amazing time you will have. May peace consume you as you are away from your girls.