Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Still sick...




These pictures sum it up for me this week so far. This has not been a very fun few days in our house. Jody got home Sunday night from my brother's bachelor weekend. We were all so excited to have daddy home, but what happens, oh, Jody gets sick with a stomach bug. Oh, don't forget, all weekend, Eisley too was sick with a stomach bug, and everything that that involves. Not fun. Needless to say, I was quite frustrated. I know, I know, a wife is supposed to be by her husband's side at all times to care for him, in sickness and in health. Well, I wasn irritated, and I know it showed. I tried, really I did, but why was it so hard. I'll tell you why...I was sick of sickness. I had cared for two girls all weekend, one who was sick, and was just plain tired, and ready to have someone help me. I know, very selfish, but at least I recognized it. Lord, please help me show comfort and compassion when my husband is sick, just as I do for my children. Jody stayed home from work on Monday, but was feeling better today, and is now out this evening playing in a softball game.

But, my other sick baby, sweet Eisley, is still sick. Not fun. I put a call into my dr today, but she is out of the office on Tuesdays, so she will call me back in the morning, hopefully. We'll see if there is anything else we can do for her. I am just so concerned for her weight. It'll be good, I know. For now, I will just keep on loving on my baby. One pretty good thing happened today. I ran 3.2 miles today. (5k) The 5k is a week and a half away, and this is the first time I was able to push through. Now, to be honest, I walked a 10 minute "warm-up" (only because my sister was telling me a story) and then ran for 34 minutes. So, I didn't technically run an entire 3.2 miles, but it totaled that, and for that I am excited. We'll see if I can do better before next weekend. I'm determined.

8 comments:

Amanda said...

goodness. I bet you are so sick of sickness! Poor Wilson family! And seriously, I am beyond impressed at your running skills! mine are so pathetic right now...

Ingram Gang said...

Sarah, those pictures made me laugh so hard. I know this is no laughing matter, but come on. Those are too cute not to laugh at. Hope everyone is feeling better today!
Way to go on the run!

The Wilsons said...

I know Ash, they make me laugh too! Especially Eisley's picture! I'm afraid that may be a face we might see when she's a teen. :) Oh, and Happy Birthday Noah!

And, Amanda, thanks for being impressed, trust me, so am I. :)

Sam and Mandy said...

You can do it!!!!

Randy Wilson said...

Who gave Mia the fat lip???
Sarah, when you husband is sick standing beside him is OK, behind him is better, but never in front, bad place to be. Of course that is good advice when your kids are sick also.
Hope to see you all soon.

Jennifer-Colley said...

ahh I cant even imagine what you went through. I am proud of you though for running a 5K. I was about to start training for one until I got pregnant, now I will just have to wait till all the baby fat is there to run it off! Praying for your little girls!

The Barnyards said...

Is everyone feeling better???
You know Sarah, Mother's Day is coming up soon...how does my family and your family, an RV, walking to the closest potty in the middle of the night, tiny trout with their heads still on for dinner, no showers and horrible Italian food sound???? Yep...I was thinking the same thing. :) Praying the Wilson gang is Healthy and Happy.

Amanda said...

how is everyone feeling now?? all better?