Saturday, April 12, 2008

Inspired...

So, today was a long day, but none the less, an accomplished day. So, my brother, sister, and I are having a garage sale next weekend at my parent's house while they are out of town so I have been meaning to go through all our stuff and get rid of any unnecessary items. Now, before I got married, I was always very good about keeping only minimal items, and always kept my room very clean and neat. But, little did I know that when I made my vows, I was marrying someone who did not seem to care as highly about neatness as I did. Now, if Jody was here, he would really want me to inform everyone that he may be un-neat (I know, that's not a word, but it makes the point.) but he is not dirty. So, yes, that is true, but his un-neatness has rubbed off on me. Its so easy to just put things down with intentions of putting it away later, but never happens. I will tell you though, that at least once a week, the piles of stuff becomes seriously overwhelming to me and I freak out a little bit, okay, sometimes a lot. I'm just telling you, I am more at peace internally when my house is picked up. Its the way the Lord intended, I am sure of it!

Now, to get back to the point. My sister is the queen of "bare essentials" and neatness. So, she so kindly offered to help me organize today. We only tackled Mia's room, her closet in particular. And if I may say so myself, we did amazing! Now, my room is filled with garage sale items that I am hoping to make some great cash on. I am so inspired, that I have been cleaning all this evening too while the girls are down for the night. I have also found a new friend...the Magic Eraser. Its amazing and truly magical. It got crayon off Mia's stage and cleaned my stove top very nicely. I recommend this to everyone! So, now, I thought I'd post some before and after pictures of Mia's closet. Please only look if you promise to not judge me. Hopefully this too will inspire everyone to do some Spring Cleaning of their own.




9 comments:

The Barnyards said...

Way to go friend!!!! I have been doing the same thing!! Now we just have tubs of winter clothes stacked in the dining room waiting to be taken out to the garage...hopefully it'll happen tomorrow! SO sorry we missed Jody's CD release. :( We would have been there if I hadn't been up all day and night with my friend helping her with her delivery! Can't wait to get our hands on an original copy!!! Can we buy online??? Love you!!

Ingram Gang said...

It inspires me to call Jill. Does that count?

The Wilsons said...

Yes, Ash, that counts. Just have lots of Malibu and coke ready. It takes a lot to be that organized! Kidding, kinda. :)

Ingram Gang said...

If thats the case, maybe we should have a "organizing" party...say....Friday?

The Wilsons said...

Perfect, I'm in!

The Johnsons said...

Can I come to the party?!?

The Wilsons said...

Jennifer, you're in!

Ingram Gang said...

Sarah, I just read Marla's blog and I laughed because you called Jonah Noah. You are so silly!

Randy Wilson said...

Just look at all of the great treasures that you got rid of, what if you need them later???