Monday, April 7, 2008

Eisley Update...

I hope everyone had a great weekend! We sure did! It went too fast though. Jody and I went on a date Friday night. (Which was long over-due!) We went to Canyon (a small town outside of Amarillo) for dinner just so we could feel like we were getting away. It was so fun. We then just went shopping a little bit and got coffee. Its amazing how a little one-on-one time with my husband is so refreshing. Thanks Mom and Kim!!! Last night the Ingrams came over for some grilling out. We always have a great time with the Ingrams. Brad and Ashley are always the kind of friends that are just easy to be with. You know, those close friends that you don't feel like you have to entertain. We are so blessed with their friendship!

I just thought I'd catch everyone up on Eisley's weight, since it seems that there is a lot of misinformation floating around. People keep asking me if Eisley's sick, and to answer that, no. Its funny how information is turned around. She is doing fine. We went to the dr about a week and a half ago. She had gained a little over half an ounce a day for that week (which is just fine. They are looking for half an ounce to an ounce a day.) Yes, I was hoping for the full ounce a day, so I was a little disappointed, but my dr was not. She reassures me every time, that she is not concerned with Eisley's weight. Yes, its slow going, but she is healthy. As we were talking, I mentioned how I was a little curious to why I have to wake Eisley up to eat. I almost always have to wake her up around 9am for the morning, then I also have to wake her up from every nap to eat. (Shes on a four hour schedule of eating, so I don't let her go any longer than that.) Having told the dr this, she measured Eisley's head to see if its still growing well. And it IS. She is exactly where she should be. But she did want to refer her to Early Childhood Intervention (ECI). They will come to our house and do an evaluation here. Its really just a second opinion for her slow growing and to make sure this is not hindering her development. Again, I want to say that our dr is NOT worried at all, so, therefore I'm not either. She told us they may come out and say she is perfectly fine, just a little girl. I am looking forward to the second opinion. God has brought me to a great place with Eisley's weight. I'm no longer fearful for her. She is doing just fine. She is her own individual. We are learning more of her personality too, and she is simply a very laid back, passive girl. We increased her formula dramatically this week too, and are not being so overprotective with her spitting up. Yes, she still spits up a lot, but so did Mia until 8 months, so we are just going to deal with it. No big deal. The good news is that I weighed Eisley this morning, and she has gained almost a pound this past week! This is amazing! I think that increasing the formula has made a big difference! So, all to say, Eisley is doing just fine. We do thank you for all your prayers for our family! So, here are some pictures of how big Eisley is getting. (Almost 12 pounds now.)

(I promise, she does have a right hand. Even though its only a blur.)


8 comments:

Ingram Gang said...

Ahhh, we had so much fun with you too. As always! You are such a wonderful host. We are thinking about coming back tonight...what's for dinner? :) Just playin.

The pictures made me laugh. The first one does look like she has a nub. In the second one, I can just hear her saying 'Ok mom, if I sit really still and pose will you please get that thing out of my face?' And in the third one, I once again think that with her hand speed, she could be a drummer. She was named after a music group and all. Love you Sarah Barah Boo!

The Detwilers said...

Mia's picture makes me really laugh. That's a great picture of Eisley in the 2nd one. She's growing!! Hopefully we'll see you guys again soon!! Love you X 4!!! :)

Meg said...

Thanks for the update! . You are right...Eislay is laid back. She was just soo happy the last time I saw her. I love holding your babies so much! They are sweet girls :) Oh and I hung their pictures on my refrigerator too!

I think Eisley sort of looks like Mia in the second picture. Just a little.

I'm glad you had fun on your hot date. hubba hubba

The Ehles said...

AWW!! She is getting so big!! She looks like Jody. Seems like as she gets older she looks more and more like Eisley. I love coming to your blog and looking and reading how things are going....keep it up :)

midstdream said...

Eisley looks amazing!!! Look at those cheeks....she is adorable, Sarah!! I can't wait to hug her! As of now, we're planning on coming Thursday.....

p.s. Your last comment made me laugh out loud..you are funny. Jonah would love to play in a band with Mia. He is already talking about possible tours and is currently writing a few hits for their two year old duo. :)

Emily Suzanne said...

Sounds like a great weekend! I"m also glad to hear Eisley's doing well! She def. looks like she's gaining weight! I've noticed how much more she's looking like Mia (I know you probably don't like people saying... "she looks like so-and-so"... forgive me!!)
Dr. Scott is so amazing, smart and reassuring!! Glad to hear about Eisley and know she's doing fine... I'll continue to pray along those lines!

Emily Suzanne said...

Also... did you just tag me in that last blog??

The Barnyards said...

I finally finished my "7 Random things about me" Post...