Friday, February 29, 2008

Let the little children come to Me....

"Let the children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 19:14

I love my daughter Mia. She has the sweetest and purest heart. Jody and I try to live our lives both in our home and away that is very real. We like it when people are real with us, so we too make sure to be real with others. The same is true for our spiritual lives. We long to see the day that our daughters choose on their own will to follow Jesus Christ. But for the time being, it is our soul responsibility to teach them daily what it means to love the Lord. We also love to teach them the things of the Spirit, as we too are learning.

I love it when I hear Mia in her room singing "You are Ho-ly, You are Ho-ly,..." along with her CD player. (It has to be very similar to the sounds the angels are singing at this same time.) When no one is even around, she is just singing, and sometimes even dancing to the worship music. Even more than this, I love it that she is learning that the Lord is our Healer. We have always shown Mia how to pray, but it seems like recently she is really picking up on it. We have seen a lot of sickness lately in our family, with this cold that is going around, so we have had many opportunities to pray. But the best part, is now, Mia simply does it on her own. If we mention that someone is sick, she immediately says, "lets pray for them." So we tell her she can, and she just says the simplest prayer for healing.

She even prays for herself. The other day she was coughing, which she is now getting rid of, and she immediately said, "Jesus, take my cough away, A-MEN." She immediate then replied, "Mommy, my cough is all better now." Another example is the other day when Eisley was spitting up (which is all too frequent) Mia said, "Jesus, take Eisley's spit up away, Amen." Then, immediately, again, she says, "She's all better mommy, Jesus fixed her spit-up." Every time, this is how she responds after her prayer. I love it. This must have been what Jesus was talking about when He he mentioned having "child-like faith." Its that easy to Mia. You pray. Jesus heals. Why do we as adults put so much more into it. I long to have the faith that my own child has. Jesus is our healer, and I love that my daughter is growing up to know that truth too.

So here are some pictures of my sweet Mia. Our friend Bethany is going to school for photography, so she asked to take some pictures of Mia for her class. She did a great job!






5 comments:

Amanda said...

what a sweet post Sarah! and those pictures of Mia are just precious! love it!

The Ehles said...

That post just made my day!! It is amazing how much faith children have..I bet it makes your day to hear Mia say stuff like that. I can't wait to have kids of my own to teach and watch learn. Enjoy them while they are in the season of their lives!! Have a great weekend!!

Emily Suzanne said...

Sarah! Mia is so beautiful in so many ways! Her pictures are just adorable and I love the story about how she prays, what great memories!! We need to get together again soon... what do you say? Thanks for the prayers about Ethan's allergy... still hasn't made much improvement, but hopefully after next week, he'll get back to normal, if not, I don't know what we'll do.

The Barnyards said...

What a beautiful blog! Mia is such a sweet gift. I love her new pictures! Miss you guys! We are planning on coming down the Sunday of Jody's CD release, I'm excited!

Ingram Gang said...

Oh Sarah, this is great. And of course I just love Mia pictures!