Monday, February 18, 2008

Good news, Bad news...

Well, the bad news is that I have two sick babies at our house. Both Mia and Eisley have bronchialitis. This just means that they both have a bad cough, runny noses, and Mia has a sore throat. Mia also has an ear infection in her left ear. Eisley was just starting to get the cough and runny nose this weekend, so I thought I'd take her in too. Plus, I was just anxious to weigh her. Which brings us to the good news...Eisley officially weighs 9.8 pounds (which is about 9 pounds 13 ounces). Which is exactly a pound more than she did last Monday! This is amazing. This means she gained 2 ounces a day, which is double what the dr wanted to see! Praise the Lord. It also made me so happy to know that she was only on half formula half my stored breastmilk all day tuesday through friday. Which makes me realize that it truly was probably a problem with her getting to the hind milk rather than a problem with my milk. Good to know next time around. So, needless to say, we are pumped! We are close to finally being out of newborn diapers. She goes in for her 4 month appointment a week from Thursday, so hopefully by then she will be weighing more than 11 pounds!!! Praise the Lord! Oh, and one more thing, Eisley giggled for the first time last week on Valentines Day for who else, but her daddy! Its the most amazing sound ever!

2 comments:

The Barnyards said...

Sorry about the sick kids but I'm so excited about Eisley!!! I know that has to feel so wonderful...and I can't believe she giggled...what a beautiful sound! Love you guys, praying for those two coughing/runny nose babies!

The Johnsons said...

The first giggle is one of my greatest memories of both of my girls!! It is arguably one of the sweetest sounds in the entire world! Glad to hear Eisley is gaining some weight, and will be praying for your girls to feel better AND for energy for their sweet Mama!