Monday, February 11, 2008

Dr. apt today...

Yes, so we went to the dr again today for Eisley's weight check. She now weighs 8.8 pounds, which is around 8 pounds 13 ounces. So, needless to say, she gained a half an ounce a day for the past two weeks. Our dr seemed very positive about that. She originally said that she is looking for Eisley to gain 1/2 to 1 ounce a day. So, therefore, I was hoping and praying for the one ounce a day, and so I was disappointed. But I am just very pleased that the pediatrician was very pleased with the weight gain. And since her opinion is the only one that really matters in this, then I too should be pleased. The only changes we are going to make now is we are going to concentrate the formula a little more. This means that the powder to water ratio will be increased to make for more calories. I will continue to nurse and supplement with formula after all feedings except the morning one. So, we will see what happens. I continue to pray daily for increased weight gain for her. Its hard sometimes to see her be so small. I am learning a lot though. I am learning that my job, as a mom, is to simply pray for my girls, because their health is out of my hands. Don't get me wrong, it is hard many times when strangers in stores ask me the same things all the time. This is how conversations with strangers usually go..."oh, wow, what a tiny baby." "boy?or girl?" (Even though her carrier, clothes, and blankets are covered in pink.) "oh, wow, she's so little." "oh, was she a preemie?" "no? oh wow, she just so small." Sometimes I want to yell "I KNOW! Mind your own business!!!" But, when I realize that would not be too polite, I simply control myself and say, "yes, she sure is." I am just learning to be okay with her weight. Jody was such a small baby too, and look at him now. Eisley may just take after her daddy even more that just her mere appearance. Now, I don't want anyone to feel bad if they have ever talked to me about how small she is, I'm dealing with it, really. And I don't hold grudges too long. :) Well, I continue to thank each of you for your prayers. She really is doing well. If we weren't having to play "catch-up" since she lost weight in December, it wouldn't be such an issue. We go back to the dr in two weeks for her 4 month appointment, so once again, we will do all we can to pack on the pounds for the next two weeks.

3 comments:

Ingram Gang said...

Are you talking about your baby? Is it a boy or girl? Girl, wow...she is so small--I mean, wait a minute. I meant to say I'm still praying hard for that sweet girl. You know what they say, tiny little girl = big ole' heart. At least thats what I say!

Sam and Mandy said...

Wow, I have never heard of anyone loosing weight in December, so I say way to go Eisley!!! I know this is hard on you Sarah, but praise the Lord that she is gaining weight!!! We will continue to pray for you guys!!

Emily Suzanne said...

Oh Sarah! Praise God that she's growing! I know how you feel about the comments of strangers... like who asks questions like that??! but somehow a ton of people do! weird. But she's a SHE! And God has her BEAUTIFUL, feminine, growing, and just as she should be. I'm praying for you as you continue to supplement her after nursing. I know that's kinda hard on you, but your perseverance is admirable and one day you'll be able to comfort another mom going through a similar situation!