Friday, March 7, 2008

Perspective.

Its amazing how life situations so quickly change your perspective on every day life. Earlier this week, Monday actually, we found out that our friend's niece passed away suddenly during nap time. I couldn't believe it. This baby girl was only 2 weeks younger than Eisley. Babies don't die, especially babies you feel as if you know. We had grown to love sweet Lilly, even though we had only known her through Mandy's sweet stories and pictures.

It didn't help that this was the second baby that we know, the same age as Eisley within two weeks that had such sudden deaths. I have really had to battle my thoughts this week. My heart aches for this family and has left my mind in some what of a vulnerable state for Satan to attack. Thankfully, I have recognized these attacks as those of the enemy, and have somewhat quickly taken those "thoughts captive and made them obedient to Christ." (2 Corinthians...or is it 1 Corinthians.) Satan will not lie to me or make me fearful of death or take my emotions.

Yes, I will mourn. I will mourn on behalf of parents losing their precious baby girl. I will mourn, as a mother, who can not imagine the pain that would come with losing a child. But, I will also praise the Lord for His sovereignty, even as Satan has come to steal, kill, and destroy. Imagine, who knows better than God Himself what it is like to lose a child.

The Lord is my family's protector. Therefore, there is no room in me to fear the unexpected. He is our Rock. And that is the only thing I can rest my hope on. I will continue to pray for the Lord's complete, indescribable peace that passes any kind of understanding for this family.

So, as I carried on life this week, yes, my perspective has been different. I treasure my hugs with my girls far more. The things that would so quickly upset or irritate me don't seem to be that important any more. I want to delight in each day, to praise the Lord each day for the life He has blessed me with. I am blessed!

Here are some pictures we had taken of Eisley on Tuesday. I meant to get them taken at 3 months, but truthfully, I kept waiting for her to get bigger. (which she is, as we went to the dr today and she gained half a pound this week. She is now back to 10 pounds after losing half a pound last week when she was sick.) Good thing we took her pictures when we did because she is now covered with a rash due to a penicillin allergy. Yes, all I can do is laugh at all the things we have gone through with Eisley. Again, Satan has no hold on us, we will rejoice in these trials. I hope you enjoy these pictures as much as we do.


4 comments:

The Johnsons said...

Eisley is beautiful!! She has got to be the longest thing I've ever seen!! My heart has also been broken about Lilly this week. We really must remember to find God's precious gifts in every day, because they are always there, if our eyes are open. It is amazing how the Lord is already using this short life to teach such huge lessons!

Anonymous said...

She's beautiful!

Magen said...

Those pictures are awesome. What a little princess. I wanted you to know that I have been experiencing the same kind of attacks on my mind and thoughts this week after two such tragic losses. I, too, have been battling and praying them away knowing that my God is bigger and is Sovereign over life and death. He holds our lives and the lives of our dear ones in His hands, puts breath in our lungs each day, and I trust His goodness for me.

You're not alone in those thoughts and the fight to believe truth over lies. May we always be so prayerful for our kids no matter what is going on around us.

Emily Suzanne said...

This is beautiful! I'm with you on the battle with fear right now. And in the whole laughing at the things you're dealing with with sweet Eisley! I feel like we have that in common right now... I just have to laugh at the things we've been/are going through with Ethan... he's such a blessing and a joy in our lives! You're in my prayers and are such a great mother, Sarah!