Monday, March 24, 2008

Happy Easter!

We hope that each of you had a wonderful Easter yesterday. We certainly did! We started out very early. The girls and I loaded up around 9am to drive to a small town about 50 minutes outside Amarillo, where Jody was leading worship for the morning. This may sound simple, but it was a little stressful, in all honesty. To get two girls, plus myself, in our pretty Easter clothes and out the door by 9am, was quite the event. Especially since both girls dont usually even wake up until 9am. But we got there, just in time for the service. I am so thankful we have Saturday night church, because getting the family together in the mornings is quite a feat. :) After the service we went to my parents' house for lunch. My grandparents (my mom's parents) were in town for the weekend too. We had lots of fun. The girls loved getting into their Easter baskets and enjoying all the candy. My sister's family was there too, and my brother and his fiance. After lunch, the girls had a great time hunting the Easter eggs we had dyed the Friday before. Mia's been talking about the Easter eggs since we dyed them initially, so I'm glad she finally got to hunt them. Some eggs even had money in them. The girls were so excited over pennies, nickels, and quarters. It was a fast and furious day, but we had a great time. I am so thankful for my family. I just wish my in-laws lived here too. If Jody hadn't led worship this weekend, we probably would have gone to Childress for the Easter weekend. (Maybe next year Becky.) We did miss them though! I hope you each had as much fun making memories as we did! Have a blessed week!








9 comments:

The Barnyards said...

So beautiful!!! Can't wait to see you guys in a couple weeks! Lovies! Glad you had such a fun Easter! Way to get out of the house by 9am! That is amazing..and something to be proud of!

Magen said...

Cute pictures...you look really pretty, Sarah!

Meg said...

I love your hair Sarah! I think it looks soo pretty!! The girls look soo happy and beautiful in their Easter attire. Did Mia really get that many eggs?!?! GO MIA GO!

The Wilsons said...

Thank you Megan! And, yes, Mia did really get that many! She was a girl on a mission! She was running all over the place!

Ingram Gang said...

Cute, cute, cute. I, too, love your hair. It looks great! Your entire family looked lovely on Easter!

Emily Suzanne said...

Mia's skirt... ADORABLE... very stylish, Sarah. I know you picked that out~! We def. should get together so you can meet Ethan! When and where?! More coffee with Ashley?

Emily Suzanne said...

I do I do!! What time are ya'll meeting? 11ish? Let me talk to Britt and if you guys are meeting anyway, I'll try my hardest to be there. Let me know details and I'll call and let you know if I'm coming either tonight or in the morning.

Emily Suzanne said...

I was so happy to run into you today! Bummed that I didnt' get to say a personal "hello" to Eisley though! man! Silly doctor's appt.! Geez.
seems like she's doing good though?

Anonymous said...

Hey! Glad I found your blog. I'll pass it on to Heather so she can read it too!