Monday, June 2, 2008

Oh, the joys of unpacking...

So the month of May seemed like a complete whirlwind. I honestly don't even remember May coming and going. Its amazing really. May was full of so many wonderful things...My birthday, of course, my brother got married the next week, Jody and Mia were in a wedding the next week, and then Jody and I spent last week in Austin where he led worship for a camp on Lake Travis. I will definately blog about each of these events.

First I will start with the wedding in Abilene. We had a great time. And really, it was a perfect midway drive to Austin. Our friends Kyle Trafton and Amanda Dunn got married. It was a beautiful ceremony. We had a lot of fun hanging out with friends too. I'll tell you one thing though, Mia LOVED being at a hotel. We didn't realize until we saw her reaction at the hotel, that this was her first time to stay at a hotel, well, that she can remember. She was so cute. She got excited about every part of the hotel, especially the "alligator" aka, elevator (its too cute to correct her.) She kept saying over and over again "I'm having a great time at the hotel daddy." The purest joys of an almost 3 year old. I wish I got more excited about simple things like she does. The suite was a perfect layout for our family. The two beds and the big room were closed off from a little sitting area. This was so helpful for naptime and bedtime. I was prepared for Jody and I to have to sit outside the room while the girls fell asleep. It was a huge blessing! All to say, we had a great time. The wedding was on Sunday, so we got there Saturday afternoon, and Jody and I left Monday to head on to Austin (only a 3 1/2 hr drive) and my parents, who were at the wedding too, brought the girls back home with them to spend the week with Nana and Grandad. I am so thankful for amazing family! Here are some pictures of the wedding weekend....Enjoy!

The family


Mia and the other flower girl, Savannah







The newly weds, Kyle and Amanda Trafton with Mia, Savannah, and ring bearer, Spencer Craft

3 comments:

Amanda said...

precious! haha.. that's funny! It's funny to find out their little "firsts"

Emily Suzanne said...

Sarah... looks like you guys are having fun and enjoying the hectic summer! :) Your girls are so beautiful! Miss you guys! Hope summer camps are somehow energizing! I know you're having fun!

Magen said...

I'm so sad I was out of town! I would have loved to have seen you guys at the wedding. :( Cute pictures!