Thursday, May 22, 2008

Our little girl is so grown up.

Well, we did it! It was finally time for our little girl's first REAL haircut. Yes, she's had it trimmed here and there, including a big cut at 4 months old with her daddy's clippers (family was not so happy with us.) But yesterday, we finally gave in. Jody and I have been going back and forth about cutting Mia's hair for about 6 months or so, but when I was ready, Jody wasn't, or vice-versa. But, yesterday, we were in agreement. I originally wanted to wait until after all the weddings (she is a flower girl in another wedding this weekend.) since her hair used to look really sweet all curled. BUT, since I found out last weekend that her hair was too long and straight to actually hold the curl for longer than 20 minutes, I said, "forget it! Lets chop it!" So we did. We had a fun time though. I was hoping that we would actually be able to donate her hair to Pantene's Beautiful Lengths (similar to Locks of Love) but it was just barely too short. Oh well, we have many years ahead of us to get to do that again. Maybe when Mia is old enough to understand more about donating her hair. All to say, Mia LOVES her new haircut. She really beams when you talk about it. I have never seen her so proud about anything in her life. Her joy in it makes it completely worth my missing those beautiful long locks! (I will NOT miss the tears that came at times with my brushing her long hair though.) I took plenty of pictures, so enjoy!

BEFORE




DURING






AFTER

9 comments:

Meg said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Meg said...

I think Mia and I have the same hair cut! She looks soo grown up and I bet she IS proud of her new do! Tell her that Megan thinks she is BEAUTIFUL!

The Johnsons said...

I LOVE IT!!! Jessilyn's has begun to grow back out, and I keep begging her to cut it again, but she wants it to be long. I am definitely a fan of the little bobs...they look too cute! Mia is beautiful, regardless of the hair!!

Sam and Mandy said...

I love, love, love it!!! She looks adorable. I agree with Megs though in that it makes her look so much older! I think you made a good decision.

Amy Meek said...

How sweet she looks. I have Mia's exact same cut. I love it!!! She will be the talk of all the little girls. :)

Tara said...

She is truly adorable! How exciting the first "real" haircut must be! :)

The Barnyards said...

What a sweet hair cut!! She does look all grown up! I can't believe she'll be 3...I can't believe Jonah will be 3 two months after her!! We would love to bring the SB's rig to her Bday...but since we'll be doing it for free we can only serve shots of Espresso...Ha ha!! Wouldn't that be horrible?? Serving Espresso shots instead of punch!!?? Nightmare!!!

Emily Suzanne said...

I love it, Sarah!!! It's sooo cute! good move!

Meg said...

Sunday's with Sarah? I hope so!