Friday, June 20, 2008

What a good day...

First of all, can I just say that I love storms! I love cloudy days a lot, but when it starts storming I get just plain excited! I have been so bummed out that this spring and summer here has been so dry, except for the last couple of days. Yesterday was no exception. Mia and I were walking outside with my father in law (who was in town for the day, and thankfully at our house) when all of the sudden, I hear a siren...I thought to myself "Is it the last Friday of the month?" Nope, those sirens were for real, we were in a tornado warning. I immediately went inside (yes, my father in law and daughter were still outside. Randy trying to start my daughter out young to be a storm chaser.) I went in to watch the weather, and it was true. Jody was at work, which I wanted him home as fast as possible, but he didn't seem to care too much. I don't know what I would have done if my father in law wasn't here. I like all my chicks in the same place when there's a storm, and the head duck was not even concerned about coming home. But, we survived. Thankfully a tornado never touched down, and we never had to climb into our master bathtub either. (That would have been intresting though!) Needless to say, yes, I love storms, but when they get that serious, I get very nervous and don't like them so much.

Anyways, about today and why its a good day. We went to the dr today. It was Mia's three year check up and Eisley's weight check. I knew Mia's would be a breeze, and it was. She is a whopping 32 1/2 pounds and 37 1/2 inches tall. Right where she should be. Now, this was the first appointment with Eisley that I have been so excited about. On May 9th (yes, my birthday) , Eisley weighed in at 14 pounds 2 ounces. She has changed so much in the past 6 weeks, so I just knew we'd get a good report finally! So, needless to say, my wonderful pediatrician walked in the room, looked at Eisley, and immediately started crying, good tears. It was amazing! I love that my pediatrician loves us so much that she would be moved to tears that my baby girl is looking so much better! It was a moment I will never forget. So, yes, Eisley has gained 2 1/2 pounds in the past 6 weeks. She now weighs 16 pounds 10 ounces. And for those of you without babies, this is a huge amount of growth for her age. They usually stop growing this fast by now, and she gained over double what normal babies do in this time. I love it. I was one proud mama!!!! Both girls look great. Eisley's lower gums are actually swollen, which means she should be getting some teeth within the next few weeks. (Which explains her recent fussiness and ear pulling.) Anyways, enough is enough. I will stop going on and on with excitement. Yes, I would love to know what in the world was going on Eisley's tiny body that had made her struggle so much in gaining weight, but now I am simply beyond excited that we are through with that battle! I praise the Lord for the miracle of both of my healthy girls, and especially allowing us to walk through this battle victoriously! (Which is our promise each time, but sometimes the victory is hard to see come.) I hope you all have an amazing day!

Here are some pictures we had taken this week for Mia turning three and Eisley, well, turning 8 months I guess











Yes, Eisley pulled out her bow and broke the headband at the end of the session. I guess she wanted variety.

9 comments:

Ingram Gang said...

The girls pix turned out really great! I love Mia in a dress!!! I don't know that I have ever seen her in one other than her swimsuit cover up ;)
Way to go chunk! a.k.a Eisley

Sam and Mandy said...

Eisley has changed so much lately! I love the pictures, too cute!
I wish we could have seen you guys this weekend; hopefully next time.

Meg said...

What happened to your friend?

PS today was fun!

Magen said...

Those are GREAT pictures!! I love how feminine and girly they are. Eisley gets more and more precious as time passes...she really does look so much like Mia now.

Emily Suzanne said...

Your girls are so beautiful!! Tornado warnings freak me out!!

The Detwilers said...

those are great pictures....and i will pay to see you, dad and the girls in your bath tub...the mental image is pretty funny!!

p.s. real funny about the whole dish washer thing....ha ha ha... :)

The Barnyards said...

What sweet girls!! Love the new pictures! I'm a horrible person...I wasn't able to send her gift like I said but I'm going to try and go to the post office tomorrow. I'm sorry!!! They are comin' How are you guys?

Ingram Gang said...

let's do. please?!.
I say we get sitters and do a REAL date, like old times. Wanna?

Ingram Gang said...

Maybe Friday?
I think that may be the only night that we don't have conflicting schedules.