Friday, June 6, 2008

Happy Birthday to my husband...




So, today is Jody's 27Th birthday!!! I can't believe we are all getting so much older. Does anyone else remember when 26 or 27 sounded so old??? I mean, it was practically almost 30! Yikes! I just think its crazy, and not to mention that I still feel at least 18, and people still think Jody looks it. :) I love it! So, for Jody's big day (which, birthdays and holidays are so much more important to me than they are to him, so thank you Jody for letting it be a somewhat of an important day.) we started off with him having breakfast with a friend while I was at the gym. Then, we went to lunch together with the girls at our newly opened Rudy's Bar-B-Que. They have a Rudy's in Lubbock, which we loved when we were at Tech. It opened yesterday, so we thought it was a perfect birthday lunch. And, believe me, it was amazing! Tonight we are going to cook out steaks on Jody's new grill that I gave him for his birthday/Father's Day. I am pumped!

All Jody really asked for his birthday was a cookout with his close friends AND, get this, a Mariachi Band. Well, I don't think I could afford or fit a Mariachi band in our backyard, so I opted for the cookout. I have been secretly gathering all of our good friends to come over Sunday night to celebrate. I told him about the surprise today since I knew he would want a little time to work on the patio and yard and such. Either way, it was a surprise. He is so excited! Although, it almost didn't work out due to a lack of communication on his part. Earlier in the week, after I had called everyone, I found out that Jody was leading worship at a local church Sunday night. YIKES! So, I quickly called the pastor (good thing they are friends of ours) and told him the situation. Thankfully he was able to get a replacement for Jody so that Jody could attend his own party. Kinda funny, but I was nervous.

I love doing fun stuff like this for the man I love the most. I love that we are so different (he is crazy about big parties, I'd rather smaller groups) but yet are so compatible. He is amazing! I am so blessed that the Lord chose me to be his wife! I could have never chosen a more amazing husband for myself. He is willing to do whatever it takes to take care of his family. I love that he seeks the Lord the way he does. I love that he is so talented musically and creatively. I love the father that he is to Mia and Eisley, and the laughter that he brings to our home. I love that I am still able to laugh at him, even after almost 5 years of marriage. He is just perfect for me. Thank you Lord for the abundant blessing of my husband! Happy Birthday Jody! I hope you have an amazing day!



4 comments:

The Barnyards said...

Happy Birthday Jody!!!

Ingram Gang said...

Oh Jody, do you have a headache on your birthday. Sarah, you should rub his aching neck :)
Just playin!
Happy late Birthday buddy!

Randy Wilson said...

Who said 27 was old?? I remember turning 27, or was it 47, anyway happy birthday Jody, I love you.
"He will be a joy and delight to you, and many will rejoice because of his birth, for he will be great in the sight of the Lord."
Luke 1:14-15 (NIV)
This is the verse that was given to me before your birth Jody. You are a joy and a delight.
I thank God for you everyday, I thank God for my family everyday.
Happy Birthday son.
Dad
P.S. I don't know why Sarah stills laughs at you, but it does my heart good.

Amanda said...

aww... what a great post! Happy Birthday Jody!