Monday, June 9, 2008

Mia is THREE today!





Yes, its true. I did post my last entry on Jody's birthday, and now it is my sweet daughter's birthday today, only 3 days later. It was 3 years ago today that Jody's and my life changed so dramatically when Mia made her entrance into this world at 1:30am and weighing in at 6 pounds 2 ounces, and 19 1/2 inches long. I know everyone tells a new mom, "watch out, they will be older before you know it!" I always laughed, thinking, "whatever." But its true. I'm not sure where the last three years of my life has gone, but it has been amazing, none the less!

Mia is such a joy in our life. She makes me laugh so hard every day. She really is three going on sixteen. She is currently in a very independent stage right now. She tells me all the time, "I can do that by myself, I am a big girl." Its so funny that you spend so much time as a parent to make them more independent, but then the time comes and you want to help them do something, and they refuse your help, repeating exactly what you have taught her (about being a "big girl.") and then that can be frustrating at times. It is only the beginning, and I am well aware of that. She is so great though. I love that I can have such a great time with her. I love that my heart aches when I am not with her. I love her creativity and imagination. I love that she loves Eisley so much, and never gets tired of her baby sister who needs her mommy's help a little more than she does. I love that she gets so excited over simple pleasures, and is so quick to tell us "I had a great time at ___, mommy." I love that she is one of the most appreciative children I've met, as she is so quick to tell people "thank you." I love that she will tell me "thank you for making this dinner for us, mommy" after a simple meal of grilled cheese or turkey meat on a plate. I know I could go on and on, but I will finish by singing (OK, typing) the sweet song Mia sang today when she had no clue I was listening...."Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to Mia, Happy Birthday to myself, Happy Birthday to me. Yeah!!!" (and yes, she applauded for herself after her song.) I hope you all have a blessed day today!

6 comments:

The Detwilers said...

man i wish i could have heard that song!!! that's awesome!! Happy Birthday to Mia!!! we'll celebrate with you guys Saturday!!

Meg said...

I can't believe it's been three years either! Happy Birthday Mia Wilson!
See you soon? I'll be home in two weeks!

Ingram Gang said...

happy birthday dearest mia jaymes!

Sam and Mandy said...

Too cute! Happy Birthday Mia!

The Barnyards said...

Glad I accidently called yesterday! I sure hope Mia is enjoying being three! I LOVE the idea for the party and the invitations were terribly cute. We are for sure headed to Dallas. So we will have to miss out on all the fun. :) I'm mailing a few books for Mia tomorrow. :) Lovies!

Amanda said...

oh my gosh! my heart melted when you wrote about her singing to herself! what a sweet girl!! happy birthday Mia!