Tuesday, February 10, 2009

What a week!

So, as of last week, Eisley started having a horrible runny nose, and slight chest cough.  So, of course, I started her on a decongestant we had at the house.  It helped some, but didn't get much better.  Sunday morning she woke up with a fever, so the girls and I stayed home from church.  (Which was kinda nice because it was pretty cold and overcast, which is the perfect cleaning weather for me!!!)  We did medicine all day to control her fever, which kept leaving and coming back.  That night before we put her to bed, she felt VERY warm, so I took her temp again, and this time it was 103.4.  So, I called the on call dr, and he told us we needed to take her to the ER.  Thankfully my in laws were in town for the night, so they were able to stay at the house while Mia slept.  It couldn't have been more perfect for them to be here.  (Thank you soooo much Randy and Becky for staying so late that night!  I know it was exhausting!)  (Oh, did I also mention that we were also in the middle of a HUGE thunderstorm, which was why my in laws hadn't made it to their hotel yet.)  We ended up spending about 3 hours in the waiting room before we decided to leave without seeing a dr.  (Long story short, her fever broke around hour 2, so she was acting much better, and was definitely tired, so we left.)


Eisley leaving the dr apt.  She was already doing SOOO much better!  
We thought the fever was over for good, but it came back the next morning, waking us up at 6am.  We finally got to see our dr that afternoon, and guess what it was???  Yep, another ear infection and an unknown virus.  I've lost count of how many ear infections Eisley's had since Nov, but I think its around 6.  Funny thing is that we go to the ENT dr tomorrow to talk about tubes.  I know that tubes in kids is a very controversial thing among parents these days, but I want you to know that I am VERY good with her getting tubes.  I am so tired of ear infections, not to mention having to load her with antibiotics every two weeks.  (No exaggerations!)  
So, we are simply praying that their will be a quick opening for her to get her tubes done before we leave for Israel in 3 weeks.  We are also good if the Lord heals her before tomorrow.  If we go in and the dr see's no signs of chronic ear infections, we will definitely consider her healed.  We also know, though, that the Lord can also heal her through the tubes.  So, please pray for us tomorrow.  Mia and Eisley will both be seen tomorrow, but I'm not concerned about Mia.  We won't do tubes for her.  Anyways, thats kinda an update for our family this past week.  I'll tell you one thing...I am SOOOO TIRED of sicknesses!  No more!  Hope you are all having a great SICK FREE week!  Blessings!

Pay no attention to the stuff in the dining room...a post about that soon to come.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Don't worry about the tubes! Kiley had tubes put in when she was 15 months old and Lily had them put in when she was 6 months old and they have done wonders for both of them! Which doctor are you going to see??? I hope you get some good news, I will be praying for ya'll!

Amanda

Amanda said...

her poor sweet little ears!!! uggh.. doctors... well, you know your beautiful daughter and you will make the perfect decision! Let us know!! Praying for you guys!