Friday, February 13, 2009

Update...

Wow!  What a serious whirlwind of a week it has been!  It felt so good/hurt so bad to finally make it back to the gym this morning.  What a release!  (we'll see if that's how I still feel tomorrow!)  :)  


Anyways, so we went to Lubbock for the ENT apt on Wednesday.   It was a VERY long day as we left the house around 8:30am and didn't get home until around 10pm.  Both girls first had hearing tests.  Mia's hearing test went very good, but Eisley's wasn't quite as good.  The audiologist said that all the fluid behind her ears is definitely affecting her hearing some, but the tubes will clear that up.  So YES, we are having tubes done for Eisley.  The doctor was VERY confident that she needed it.  We really liked the dr.  He was so great with both girls!  The even greater part of the day was that the surgery was able to be scheduled before we leave for Israel!  That was my biggest prayer of all!  It will take place on Thursday the 26th.  I can't tell you how ready I am.  But I am a little sad (and glad at the same time) at the thought of all the progress she is going to make in the 11 days that we will be gone!  I just know that her clearer ears are going to make her walk so much better and even talk more.  I hope that she comes running to me when I walk in the door after Israel!  

Well, thank you each for all your prayers.  Eisley's doing much better, but I can still tell that her ears continue to bother her, even on day 5 of antibiotics.  Oh well, we are persevering!  Again, thank you for the encouraging words and prayers!  I hope you each have an amazing, LOVE- FILLED weekend!  


Daddy and his other PRINCESS!!!

3 comments:

Ingram Gang said...

I like your rug.

The Johnsons said...

Reese had tubes put in last April. Of course it's a tough decision to choose for your child to have surgery, but I was with you-I just wanted her to feel better. They helped so much. We thought she had been talking well before, but afterwards it was a complete difference! And we've been ear infection-free since then!! We'll be praying for your sweet fam!
p.s.-I second Ashley's comment

Amber said...

Hi Sarah, Do you remember us from Tech? You have such a sweet family! I was wanting to ask you about the process to get tubes in the ears. Audrey has had her ear "perforate" and leak snotty stuff two times in the span of a month. She never even has many other symptoms and doesn't even act that sick. She has had an infection or near-infection almost every month for 4 months. Does this sound like she may be a candidate for tubes? I am waiting for her doctor to call to talk about it, but I wanted to hear your perspective. I know that she could probably be much worse, but I don't want to mess around with it and let it damage her hearing or something! How old is Eisley and when did her problems begin?