Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Recipe Exchange...

My great friend, Ashley, had the amazing idea to do kinda a "recipe exchange" in the blogging world. Like her, I too get so tired of making the same 'ole things every week, and struggle at times to find new, SIMPLE, meals that my whole family will enjoy. (Although my husband is perfectly great with me making the basics every week. In fact, he not the biggest fan of my trying new things. It has to be super amazing for him to allow a new recipe into the weekly meals.)

If you want to join in on the fun, simply follow the the link to Ashley's blog, and check out her comment section. Make sure to add your recipe name and link to her comments as well! I'm so excited to have new recipes!!!!

Here is an amazing recipe that if ALWAYS a hit in my family, and I recently got to make it for my in-laws too, and they seemed to like it a lot as well. (Or maybe they were just being kind.) :) Its a recipe from a lady that I love, adore, and admire.

Brenda's Chicken Pot Pie

1 (29 oz) can homestyle mixed cut vegetables, drained (Veg-All)
(I also add one small can of diced potatoes, drained, because my husband enjoys the extra potatoes)
1 can cream of chicken soup
2 1/2 cups shredded chicken, cooked
3/4 cup milk
1 cup shredded cheddar/jack cheese
salt/pepper
1 box Pillsbury Pie crust (room temperature)
1 egg beaten

1.) Mix vegetables, soup, chicken, milk, cheese, salt and pepper
2.) Place 1 crust in 9 inch pie plate
3.) Pour chicken mixture into pie plate-place top crust on top (I like to                weave the top crust like an apple pie, or even use cookie cutters to make seasonal designs on the top, like snowfakes, christmas trees, or hearts)
4.) Use foil or pie edge saver along crust
5.) Bake 45 minutes to 1 hour until golden brown at 350 degrees

*Serves nicely with a big salad or fruit salad


Here's an old picture of Mia helping me make Chicken Pot Pie one night (This was actually taken almost a year ago to the day.)


1 comments:

The Barnyards said...

That pot pie looks really pretty!! I will have to try it!!