Thursday, October 9, 2008

We did it! (And Happy Birthday to my sister!)

This morning was "the morning!" And, we did it! We woke up at 5:15am, got the kids together, bundled up in many layers, and in the car by 6:15am with cheerios in hand. It was work, and a few tired tears were shed by my Mia, but we survived. This morning was the Special Shapes Balloon Rodeo, so we knew the kids would love seeing all the character balloons, and we were right. We were able to stay at the park until around 10am, which was much longer than I thought we'd survive. We had yummy breakfast burritos, the kids had oh so unhealthy minuture donuts, and then had yummy chai for the moms and hot chocolates for the kids, made by their daddys. It was a great morning. The tiredness is starting to hit, and Marla and I will probably be joining the kids for naptime after lunch, but it was worth it! So, enough talking, I will post pictures now, even though they don't really do the balloon festival justice. It was quite a sight!

As the sun was rising...

The boys working hard

Mia and Jonah loved this "coffee cup!" We didn't want to correct them.

Me and the girls (remember, super early equals no makeup!)

Marla and her boys

I took this one for my sister in law, Amy, who LOVES clowns! Wink, Wink! Love ya Amy!

Twin bumblebees before parting ways, it looked like they were kissing. So cute!


The look of AWE!

Eisley's look of awe

They are EVERYWHERE! Its a lot better in person.

Me and the girls


Jody hard at work giving out Chai samples. (Who wouldn't want to take a sample from this guy, I said FROM him, not OF him, he's all mine, people!)



Oh, and I have to make a shout out to my sister, Jill! I hope you have an amazing Birthday today, Jill! Love you!

My sister when Eisley's born (Jill, we have GOT to start taking pictures together, this is ridiculous, I have NONE of us together!)

3 comments:

The Leonhart's said...

No doubt. We will go to Wal-Mart, Sears, or Portrait Innovations when we get home & get a professional picture taken of just the two of us! We have to make sure to get a package of at least 2 11x13 pictures (& lot's & lots of wallets!). Isn't that what you meant?

The Detwilers said...

i'll be honest Jill...that many pictures of the two of you would just be creepy. i mean dont get me wrong, you are both very photogenic, but thats reaching stalker level!! :)

Magen said...

Tag! You're it!