Monday, October 6, 2008

Here from the Big Balloon Festival...

So, here we are on day 4 of 10 at the Albuquerque Balloon Festival. I'll be honest, its been kinda a rough start...Just imagine, 4 kids (2 3 year olds, and 2 11(ish) month old babies), 2 full time moms (shout out to Marla), 2 dads who leave the house for the coffee stand at 3:45am (yes, I said AM) and who return at who knows when later in the day, lots of "that's mine, no THATs mine", tears from early waking children who are still trying to adjust to the new surroundings, really, need I say more. Don't get me wrong. We really are having such a wonderful time, its just been a pretty tiring start to the long 10 days. Today has been a ton better. I got more rest myself, so I have definitely been a more emotionally fit mom. But, Marla and I have noticed one thing...polygamists have one thing right...having multiple moms sure is amazing. You always seem to know what the other one's about to do, extra hands to clean and cook, really, it just makes things easier. But that does mean double the kids and double the chaos. Anyways, we are all having fun and even got to finally see the fun balloons last night at the park. Its was so breathtaking!!! I was overwhelmed at the beauty. So, now I will post some pictures for fun. Happy Monday!

The Barnards and The Wilsons (minus the dads) We even had people ask us if we had two sets of twins, yes, thats what it feels like actually

Doesn't she look like a tourist? (thanks Ash for letting us borrow the monkey backpack...it was a lifesaver!)

Eisley and I behind the coffee stand

So many balloons

Jonah and Mia

Eisley and River

The Sugar Browns coffee stand at the festival

Jody (in his barista apron) and Darth

5 comments:

Amanda said...

awww! that's so fun! (minus all the slightly annoying parts you are going through!) Plano had a mini balloon festival and it was so cool! love those pictures! Mia looks adorable!

Ingram Gang said...

Wow. I know that when all is said and done, you will have had a wonderful time with lots of memories, but I feel for you in the day-to-day.
I'm so glad the backpack has been useful. I can definitely see it having big advantages there.
The pictures are really amazing. Is it cold there? I'm already ready for y'all to be home!

Lindsay said...

Awwww, that's so much fun! I remember going to the exact same festival when I was about 6 or so. What a fun memory you guys are going to have! I don't remember a whole lot about the balloons, but I do remember that it was absolutely freezing, and that we had to get up ridiculously early (3:45-4:00 am sounds about right!). Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Sam and Mandy said...

Wow, looks like fun! You were the coffee girl, shouldn't you be working the stand or are those days over??

The Wilsons said...

I know Mandy, tell me about it. I guess being the mom trumps all my coffee experience. Oh well, some day....