Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Oh what a great day...

We are over half way through our adventure here in Albuquerque. Let me tell you though, it has gotten SOOO much better than the last time I wrote. We have all gotten more sleep so that helps with emotions for sure!

Yesterday we all loaded up and spent the afternoon and evening in Santa Fe. We had a great time. It was only about a 45 minute drive, so not too far. We ate an amazing raspberry crepe, and then had a wonderful dinner. The only bummer of the evening was the $53 we had to spend on a locksmith to unlock our car at 9pm. Not fun, huh? At least it worked though!

Eisley and me in Santa Fe (and the great baby wrap Sunny gave me. Thanks Sunny!)

Really???


Today was definitely the ultimate payoff! Our husbands came home from the coffee stand early (around 11:30am) and handed Marla and I each an envelope. In the envelope was a gift certificate for a Spa down the street. They bought us an hour massage, pedicure, and a manicure. Isn't that amazing! I was so overwhelmed! (where was this when I was having my breakdown over the weekend? kidding!) Needless to say, we had a wonderful afternoon!
Me and Marla at the spa (if we look a little zoned out, we had both just had massages)

Tomorrow Marla and I are going to strive to load up the kids around 4am to head to the Balloon Festival for the amazing early fun shapes balloons. We'll see if we regret that later tomorrow. :) It'll be quite the memories though!

2 comments:

Ingram Gang said...

Glad it's better!
What sweet husbands you both have...keep em'. See you soon!

em said...

Hey cutie Wilson family. I just had to check in on you guys - the Murphy family is really missing you all!! Have fun and we'll have to do dinner when you're home and rested!!

Love ya'll,
em
(aka green girl)