Saturday, August 9, 2008

Sickness..Blah!

First, I do apologize that its been a solid two weeks since I have posted. I just haven't found the time or energy to do it. So, here I am now, at 11pm on Saturday night, while the kids are asleep, and my husband is watching some fight at a doctor's fancy house, and with my favorite Olympic event on...gymnastics. This seemed like the perfect timing.

So, we went to camp in Austin two weeks ago, and we had a great time!!! The Lord moved so strongly! It was also great to be completely available to my husband since the girls did not go with us again. He ran the 24 hour, counselor only, prayer room. The counselors really took hold of it, and it was just amazing! Each night at midnight we had an hour or more of warring worship, and it was just always so powerful! What a great week, but of course we were again so ready to be home to our girls! Thanks Mom, Dad, Randy, Becky, and Aunt Amy for taking care of our girls all week! We are so blessed!

This past week was a great one. We simply spent the first of the week with the mornings at VBS at our church, then the rest of the week was just recovering and being home. It was nice. I know I complain every now and then and just seem overwhelmed with my very THREE year old Mia and her independence, attitude, and frustrations. But I would like to say that we had a GREAT week this week. I was finally reminded of my sweet, and compliant Mia. It was as if the Lord gave me a sweet breather to give me perseverance through this "terrible THREES". Anyways, it was refreshing. But poor Mia, she became very sick on Wednesday, with a high fever, and all she complained about was that her knees hurt. I know, sounds strange. We simply had to give her Motrin and Tylenol for 24 hours. Her fever finally broke early Thursday morning and was back to her active self.

Then, this weekend we went to Childress again. This time was for Jody's sister's baby shower. She is due in a month and we couldn't be more ready to meet baby Zoe. Amy got wonderful things at her shower. This girl will definitely have plenty of pink! :) I will try to post pictures later.

The not so fun part of our weekend was that Eisley woke up screaming around 3am this morning. Now, I am not exaggerating when I say this, but this was literally her first time to wake up in the middle of the night since she started sleeping through the night around 7 weeks. I know, she's always been a tremendous sleeper. She could not be comforted for about 2 hours. Jody, being the amazing dad that he is made a run to Walmart to get some gas medicine for her. We really thought it was gas because she kept moaning and screaming randomly. It was completely out of character for her. My sweet in-laws even woke up (I am beyond shocked though that Mia slept through it all.) and helped us try to care for her. She finally fell asleep in Jody's arms. Then, all day, she has been crying off and on. We finally figured out that it is probably not gas. It is actually more a sensitivity on her back. Strange, I know. Maybe its a kidney infection or something like that. Each time you move her to a new position, she screams. She has also had a fever from 101-102.6 today. So, we came home this evening (as planned) and after many talks to the on-call nurse and Dr we decided to not take her to the ER like we thought we'd have to, and just wait to take her to the Dr's office tomorrow during weekend hours, which will be after lunch. I will be sure to update you with what is finally the reason for this issue. We will continue the Tylenol and Motrin, but for now, she is sleeping peacefully, and will hopefully not wake to a scream again.

*UPDATE* We took Eisley to the dr this afternoon. She has Foot, Hand, Mouth Virus. Therefore, she has big ulcers all on her throat and now a rash all over her body. The back pain and sensitivity was probably due to the fever. If she keeps her fever down through tonight, she should not be contagious anymore. I am thinking this is probably what Mia had this week, and she then gave it to Eisley. Mia broke out in the rash on Friday, but I just didn't think anything about it. You know, we are trying to teach her to share. Hmmm.

Well, sorry for the long, detailed post, but I guess that's what happens when you take two weeks to post. So, if you are still reading this, I thank you. :) Good-night to each of you.

3 comments:

Emily Suzanne said...

Oh man! Sarah, I'm praying for you guys! That makes me so sad to think of them feeling so badly. :(

Ingram Gang said...

Hand, foot and mouth STINKS! That is the only thing Noah has ever had that really affected him.
Just f.y.i. hand foot and mouth is very contagious in the stool for 6 months!
I know you use great hand washing and are very clean, but that's so long.

The Barnyards said...

Man, I've heard about that Virus...NO FUN!!! I'm so sorry sarah!! I will be praying for a quick recovery! I just feel so sorry for her, it looks so painful!

Mia looks adorable washing dishes! She looks so old, I just can't believe it. We really miss you guys. I wish we could find a time to get together. Hug and kiss those girls for me!