Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Five Years!!!!

So, this past Saturday, Jody and I celebrated our Five Year Wedding Anniversary! I can not believe that it has been that long! On one hand, it seems like we have never been apart, but then on the other hand, it seems like only a short time since we said "I do."

So, for our anniversary, we were beyond blessed to go to Las Vegas. We went some friends of ours and had an AMAZING time. The Lord blessed us more than I could even begin to write about. He took care of us by providing this wonderful trip, wonderful foods, an amazing room at the Palazzo Hotel, and just an amazing time with one another. We are so humbled and thankful all together for this trip!

The even better part of the story was the Friday morning before we left. Jody surprised me by taking me to get my anniversary present from him. Now, he didn't tell me that's what we were doing. He tricked me by telling me he needed to show me some cabinets that his painter was working on. I really didn't have time since I was trying to get the girls packed, but thankfully my mom came by at the perfect timing (yes, pre-arranged) and so I grudgedly went with him. (yes, I was irritated a little because I was already running late to meet my sister in law for the children exchange for the weekend.) Anyways, we pull up to the mall, and I just looked at him saying, "we're not going to the painters, are we?" Nope. So then I thought he was surprising me by wanting me to pick out some jeans. (since all of mine have holes in them, and he told me to get some earlier in the week, but didn't.) Which, again, I thought was sweet, but 30 minutes is NOT long enough to try on all the jeans in the mall (which is usually what it takes to find the right jeans. You girls know what I'm talking about.) Nope. That wasn't it either. He walked me right into the Zales to pick up my NEW RING! Yes, I was blown away! You see, when we got married, I wanted simplicity. So I asked for just a solitaire princess cut diamond, and a solid wedding band to go with it. Even mentioning that someday for like the 5th, or 10th anniversary, it'd be nice to get a diamond band instead. And so, MAYBE I've mentioned it a few times in the past 5 years, and boy did he listen! I was COMPLETELY shocked! I did not expect this at all! And, boy is it gorgeous. So I made sure it fit, and then handed over my wedding set so they could take the old band off, and replace it with the new one. Have I mentioned how gorgeous it is???? I love it. I still keep looking at my finger and not realizing that it really is my ring.

After much request, here are pictures of my ring (even though it doesn't really do it justice.) :)



So, good job Jody!!! My husband is amazing! I am so blessed to have spent the last five years with the love of my life. He is more than I could have ever imagined! He's so funny, talented, kind, generous, and an amazing father. I praise the Lord that He chose me to be his helpmate! I am honored to be called his wife! I love you Jody!

Amazing Italian Restaurant the night of our anniversary




*UPDATE* Jody's mom went to the dr this morning to get the results from her PET scans a couple of weeks ago, and the results were wonderful! The cancer had NOT spread internally. This is amazing! The dr even said that he'd be surprised if he ever had to see her again! She will continue to see her dermatologist and be treated with a topical cream for her skin, but that's it! Can you believe it? God is amazing! He is our HEALER! Thank you each for your prayers and kind words!

Becky and Eisley

8 comments:

The Johnsons said...

Where is the pic of the new ring?!?

Stachia said...

It doesn't seem possible that it has been 5 years already. Congratulations! I agree with the previous post: Where is the picture of the ring?

Sam and Mandy said...

What a fun celebration! I agree; where is the picture of the ring???

Praise God for the good news on Jody's mom. Thanks for keeping us informed!

Ingram Gang said...

You totally have to show these peeps your Bling!
Those are great pictures, I'm so glad you two had such a great time. You deserved it!

The Barnyards said...

Congrats!!! Love the new ring!!! So beautiful!!

The Detwilers said...

Man Jody!!!! Great job!! he told me that is was awesome right before you got it but WOW!!!! i can't wait to see it in person!! Beautiful!!! 5 years down and many more to come!!

Amanda said...

so glad to hear about the update!

LOVE THE NEW RING! It looks perfect! Good job Jody!

Stevi Savage said...

What a sweet husband you have. Beautiful ring and congratulations on 5 yrs!