Saturday, September 27, 2008

Our week...(and some pictures.)

So, we've had such a busy week this week as I was trying to get stuff together for a garage sale at my parent's house. I am so sorry that I've had a hard time blogging. So, I'll try to make it up this week, but no promises. So, here is a brief review of our week...

Monday...Went through the house trying to get out Garage Sale stuff, and catching up on laundry.

Tuesday...Mia had gymnastics, then the girls and I headed to Childress where Jody was leading worship at a See you at the Pole rally. (Jody and the other guys came down later that afternoon.) We got home VERY late that night. Not fun!

Jody at his dad's church for the rally.


Wednesday...I got in (last minute) to get my hair done. It was about 3 weeks overdue! I always go darker in the fall, so I did! I went from blond to brown. (Now Eisley and I really don't look much alike. My "paid for blond hair" was our only matching quality.) Then more getting ready for the garage sale.

Summer look...


Fall look...(yes, a self-taken portrait.)


Thursday...Mia went to MDO and Eisley and I helped out at Day 1 of the garage sale. Long day, but at least I made a little bit of cash. That night, both Eisley and Mia stayed the night at my mom's house so I could come over very early in the morning to help, without having to wake the girls up early. It worked out perfect! Since Jody and I had a free night together, we went to see a late movie! We haven't been to a movie, or a date, in a long time. It was so nice!

Friday...I had an early start again for the garage sale. This day was slower, but a still made a couple of bucks. Then that evening, Eisley had an apt to get her pictures taken. (I do milestone pictures for the first year, you know, baby, sitting up, standing hold on to a chair, then free standing and walking. It should be 3, 6, 9, and 12 months, but that never happens for me. Oh well. This is the 3rd stage pictures.) Well, we get about 3 pictures taken, and Eisley falls down, and it was all over! She was so upset for the next like 10 minutes, and would not get out of my arms, so we had to reschedule the pictures for next week. Bummer. I am praying she will be more rested and not remember her traumatic pictures. (it really wasn't that traumatic.) So instead, we all went to Old Navy, and they were having a great sale. We got several necessities, and when we got to the checkout, we realized that if I bought one cheap thing of chapstick, it would push us over $100 which allowed us to get the full 40 percent off, therefore, we got to save $40!!!!! Wow, we were so excited!!!! What a deal!

This is Eisley in her new carseat (well, Mia techniqually got the "new" carseat that converts to a booster when she's 4, and Eisley got Mia's old one. Oh, I hope she's not scarred by hand-me-downs. I totally know what its like to be the second girl who didn't always get new stuff.) We were waiting for dad and Mia to get to Old Navy after our unsuccessful photoshoot.


See what I had to deal with at the photo shoot. Not a happy baby that evening. Cheerios just weren't enough!!!


Today...This morning Eisley and I went to my very good friend, Melissa's, baby shower. (Mia was not in a good mood this morning, so she got to spend the morning with Jody. They needed some bonding time anyways.) We had a great time. Melissa is due late November, but she definately doesn't look like she is two months away. She looks great and got so many great things! Now, we are just finishing up lunch, waiting for Jody to get home from his lunch with a friend, so that i can make a very over-due trip to the grocery store. Yuk! I'm not looking forward to it, but it HAS to be done! Then, we will head to church.

Melissa (in the middle) opening all her gifts...


Melissa (I told you, she doesn't look like she has 2 months left!), me, and Eisley (sorry its kinda fuzzy. I need a new camera)


*Bonus Picture of super cute Eisley's shoes!!!*


So, its been a great week, a busy one, but great! I hope you all had a great week too!

6 comments:

Amanda said...

you definitely weren't kidding when you said you had a busy week! love those pictures and your hair looks SO cute! I love love love the color! Pink shoes... they are perfect for her! good to "hear" from you again!

The Barnyards said...

Man, busy lady!! Love your new hair. I had mine done yesterday and went darker too! :) I love Fall! Could you send me your cell #? I don't have it in my phone for some reason! (marla_barnard@hotmail.com) I have so much to do before we leave Friday! I just pray this trip is a relaxing one for you. I'm assuming we'll have a lot of time on our hands....which freaks me out because I NEVER have too much time on my hands. I can't wait. talk to you soon!

JacqueGreen said...

LOVE your fall "do"! But, you are a cute blonde, too! Hope this next week is more relaxing! :)

Anonymous said...

Found your blog through Marla;s...

love the new hair color! and you girls are adorable!

The Detwilers said...

i like the "brown" Sarah...don't get me wrong, because i like the "blonde" Sarah just as much!! basically...i like you either way you go!!

Emma Rae said...

Sarah! Im so glad you found me :)Your family is beautiful!