Friday, September 5, 2008

Our week, not a pretty one...

So, I think it is time that I update you all on our horrible week this week, well, it was mainly MY horrible week, but of course, everyone was affected. I'll just give you a play by play...

Monday: I woke up with a headache, so I just treated it with sinus medicine and ibuprofen, but it kept coming back, so I had to do this pretty much all day. (I'm used to headaches, but this one was a little different, especially since medicine wasn't taking care of it.) But, it was bearable.

Tuesday: Around 2 or 3am I woke up with an agonizing headache, like I had never known before. I finally woke Jody up around 7am and he ran to get me some migraine medicine. This did not touch it at all! I laid in bed in horrible pain, along with throwing up about every 2-3 hours. I couldn't sleep either because the pain was so strong!
We finally decided to go see our Dr friend at his clinic. I got a couple of shots and a couple prescriptions sent home too. I finally slept for two hours, and woke up feeling better, or so I thought. I felt better for about an hour, then it was CRASH again.

Wednesday: I had another horrible night of really bad pain (oh, and don't forget I have still been throwing up every 2-3 hours. even though you might want to forget that part! As do I!) The Dr had told us that if I don't get better to call him back the next day and I might need to go to the hospital. So, we finally called the Dr at 8am and he got us a room at the hospital by 9:30am (praise the Lord I didn't have to sit in the ER, since I had to be laying down at all times.)
We get checked into our room, and I am just in agonizing pain. After a couple of hours of I'm not sure what, they try to get me an IV started. But since I was severely dehydrated, they couldn't find a vein in my arm. Oh, they tried, six times they tried, and had to give up. They even called the Life Star paramedics to try to get the IV started but they were out making rescues all afternoon. Finally, our good friends, our pastor and his wife, came to see us. They prayed over us, and even prayed that the Lord would bring up a vein for the nurse to use for the IV as soon as possible. So, they left and 5 minutes later we call our nurse back in to try again, and guess what, there was a vein. Now its not an ideal place on top of my right hand, but it worked! That's all that mattered. They started out with some medicines, but they didn't seem to help much, then to a very painful Potassium drip for like 6 hrs. They even gave me two shots of IMITREX in my belly for the migraine, but still, no relief. Finally, around 2:30am on Thursday I got to have the real IV to get me hydrated.

Thursday: I woke up feeling a little better, had a CT scan (which came back normal) and even had a bath. I was doing good for a couple of hours, then started hurting bad again. They just kept giving me medicine, and after I choked down a little real food for lunch, I started feeling better. Finally by the evening I was feeling much better, and was ready to go home. The Dr finally agreed and allowed me to check out around 8pm.

This leads us to today. I woke up not feeling real great, kinda queasy, light headed, and a little bit of a headache still. Don't get me wrong, I'm better, but not like I'd like to be. I just ask that you continue praying for us. Eisley is also getting her bottom two teeth, and it has not been a pretty process. The final diagnosis is what they THINK was a severe migraine that led to severe dehydration. All tests and blood work came back good, nothing bad. So that is good.

I do want to thank my mom and sister for ALL their hard work in caring for my girls and for my mom cleaning my house (which is so nice to come home too, and it needed it bad!) I could not have done this without their generous help! And for Jody, he was amazing through all this! He took great care of me through this whole thing. I guess this is the "Worse" part of "for better or worse." I am so blessed with amazing, caring, helpful, and generous family and friends during my sickness. Thank you for each of your continued prayers as we ask the Lords complete healing in my body, and strength back to me. Along with Him giving back this week that we lost. I am so glad the Lord is my Healer!

9 comments:

Amy Meek said...

Oh Sarah, I am so sorry!!! I will be praying and interceding for you and your body!

The Barnyards said...

We have been praying for you!! We received an email from Jody's cousin Vanessa about what was going on! I'm SO sorry you had to go through all of that! I'm so thankful to the Lord that your test results came back good! We will continue to pray. Keep us updated! Love you!!!

Ingram Gang said...

:( Sarah :(
I'm glad you are home and at least feeling well enough to type, that is definitely good. Love you girl. I know the Lord will prove as faithful through all of this as he has in the past.

The Johnsons said...

Oh Sarah, I am so sorry for you! I know from experience there is nothing worse than a horrible headache with two little kids! Please know we will be praying for you and your sweet family. What a blessing our families are!!!

The Stricklands said...

Hey sweet girl! I am so glad that you are better - and so sad that I didn't know you were so sick. We could have helped you with the girls! Your blog is wonderful, and the girls are precious!
Mary

The Aderholt's said...

Sarah,

I am so sorry to hear about you being sick and in the hospital. I am so glad to hear that you are starting to feel better. I will definitely keep you in our prayers.

JacqueGreen said...

so glad you are well! Let me just tell you, you were the cutest hospital patient in pain that I have ever seen! :)

The Wilsons said...

Jacque, now you are just being ridiculous! No shower for 2 days does not equal CUTE!!!! But thanks for the encouragement! :)

Stevi Savage said...

Just landed on your blog and I am glad I did. I will be praying for you Sarah. Hope the weekend was better for you.