Friday, July 11, 2008

Thursdays...

Thursdays are always great days. Mia goes to Mother's Day Out on Thursdays so that means that I get to have some time to myself (and Eisley). Its funny though, I usually find myself a little bored without a toddler running around asking me questions every minute. The peace is priceless.

I did make my first attempt at making homemade laundry detergent. It is as easy as Ashley said, UNTIL I went to take it out to my washer and dryer, and SPLASH! Yep, I dropped it. Needless to say, my garage has never been so sparkling clean! Oh well. It was probably best because I realized later that I had forgotten to put in the baking soda and Borax, you know, the vital ingredients. I made my second attempt this afternoon, and it did actually make it to the washer and dryer.

We then had a great night that night! We had some of our best friends Brad and Ashley (yes, the same Ashley as mentioned earlier.) and their two kids, Noah and Kayt, over. We had fun. I made some yummy pepperoni rolls. Then Ashley and I took the oldest kids down to the park for a little bit. The best part was that Ashley and I finally got some much needed alone time. (well, we did have to hop in the car, with Kayt in tow to try to drive her to sleep. Turns out, Kayt has an ear infection and that is why she was a little fussier than usual. She did go right to sleep though.) Ashley and I got some coffee and then sat in the car at the Park and just talked. It was so refreshing! Ashley and I have been friends for about 10 years now, and so many times I just miss the times that we could just go driving and talk and talk and talk. Ah, the good 'ole days. Summers are hard on our friendship with the Ingrams. With both of our husbands in ministry, summer is the busiest time for both of our families, so we usually have to just deal with the fact that we don't get to spend much time with our friends that only live 4 minutes away. Oh well. Summer will end, and we will have our friends back. So here are some fun pictures of our great night!

Kayt (9mths) and Eisley (8mths)




6 comments:

Amanda said...

such cute pictures! (sigh) I hear ya on missing the alone friend time! I'm so glad you got some!

Brooke said...

Sarah,
Mia and Eisley are absolutley beautiful. I saw you on my Brandi's blog. I just started one recently and love it, It is a good way to keep up with everyone. I hope you all are doing great.

Meg said...

That picture of Mia and Noah is AWESOME! Are they boyfriend and girlfriend? Out watch for Ingram's...I heard they can be a little rowdy!

Ingram Gang said...

10 years? Really?
Wow. I didn't realize we were old enough to have friends dating back 10 years. I guess what they say is true, time flies when you are having fun and with you, Sarah, It's always f.u.n!!

p.s. thanks for the pepperoni rolls. they're an Ingram favorite (Brad especially)

Sam and Mandy said...

I agree with Megan in that Noah and Mia look like boyfriend and girlfriend. She showed it to me the other night and I could not get over how cute it was!!! I miss you girls and getting to see those kids! Eisley is like a whole new baby!!

PS. I am requesting some pepperoni rolls next time I see you!

Lindsay said...

Sarah,
I love that picture of Mia hugging Noah. So precious! And adorable picture of Eisley and Kayt! Cute, cute kids!

Lindsay