Saturday, July 19, 2008

Another fun week...

Well, about a week ago, my girls and I went to Wichita Falls with my sister and her girls to stay with my grandparents for a couple of days. We try to do this every summer, even though I wish is could be more. Both of our parents' families live in Wichita Falls, so we always have fun seeing our family. My mom's parents also have a great pool in their backyard, so its always so fun to do some swimming/laying on the water while we're there. This time I was a little bummed out though. I had full intentions on taking advantage of afternoon naptimes to lay in the pool and get a tan, but instead, it rained pretty much every day we were there. We were able to get the girls in the pool a few times when it wasn't raining, but not much time for me to get a tan alone. Oh well. We had a great time overall. Thanks Memaw and Papa and Memaw and Papa. (no, I was not repeating myself, and yes, both sets of my grandparents have the same grandparent names. Creative, I know.) Thanks for a great time, even though we had our fair share of melt downs with all the girls (well, except Eisley.) Three is the new Two, didn't you know. Anyways, we were there from Sunday until Wednesday. During our stay, my Memaw also taught me how to use my sewing machine that I got for my birthday 2 months ago. Watch out, I am now a sewing machine. (I will post pictures of that experience soon.) :)

I do have to also give a shout out to my amazing husband, even though he never reads this. Even though Jody was working so hard while we were gone, he did miss us a ton. (Sometimes its nice for the girls and me to do the leaving since he leaves us more to lead worship.) When I got home, I was greeted with an amazingly clean and picked up house, he installed Eisley's ceiling fan in her room that I've been waiting for over 9 months, and he bought me a great bouquet of flowers and a sweet card. He is amazing! I was pretty overwhelmed! Maybe we should go out of town more often.

This weekend, we are in Childress for Jody's cousin's wedding. We are having a great time, as always.

Here are some pictures of our fun times in Wichita Falls. Enjoy!

Before...

After...

Sisters, Eisley is not happy



All the cousins...Yes, Eisleys blond hair makes her look more like my sister's girls

Big girl! She did swim with floaties all by herself...She wanted to swim without any floaties or help from me...She kept saying, "I'm a big girl, mommy!" Her favorite saying

Yes, two different set of floatation devices..Safety First!

Mia and her cousins (Bailey and Addison)


With Papa J (sorry, Memaw, I didn't get a picture with you. Oops)

With Memaw and Papa W at IHOP the morning we left

4 comments:

The Aderholt's said...

Sarah - Your girls are getting SO big. They change to fast, huh! I can't get over Eisley's blonde hair. They are absolutely precious!!!

Sam and Mandy said...

Very fun pictures, I just love the bathing suits! Everyone is getting so big!

Emily Suzanne said...

that's funny! Looks like so much fun! That story you told about Jody made me laugh because whenever we leave, Britt does the same thing! He gets all romantic and lonely... makes me want to pack up and go somewhere!!

Magen said...

Eisley is such a beauty with that hair! I can't believe how much she has turned out to look like Mia...never would have guessed it in the first pictures!