Monday, July 7, 2008

A rough day...

Well, I always try to prepare myself for the few days after being out of town, but this time seems a little different. Usually, when we go to Childress, we seem to stay on schedule pretty well. (Meaning, the girls usually sleep as late as they normally do, nap at the appropriate times, and go to bed ABOUT the same time as at home.) Now, I am not an anal schedule-keeper, but the schedule we have works for us. I am willing to vary in and out of the schedule for special times with the family, but this weekend just seemed all out of wack for some weird reason. Naps were taken WAY later than normal, and shorter, and bedtime was WAY later too.

I like my girls schedules for two main reasons...
1.) (the most important reason) Attitudes are much better when a good nap is taken and bedtime is on time. Griping is lessoned, and whining is a little bit less. Plus, cooperation to mommy's instructions is by far better with more rest.
2.) My patience is also better when I've had a little quiet and down time, therefore, I'm a better, more understanding mommy.

Needless to say, I have lacked severely in the patience department for the past couple of days. Today was not much better. I had to take the girls to the dr this afternoon (yes, which again delayed naptime by a couple of hours). Mia has an "almost" ear infection, but mainly just a cough and cold. Eisley has a full ear infection though. (I almost didn't even take her because I thought all her symptoms were just from teething. Whew! Boy was I wrong!) Anyways, once the medicine gets started we will be doing well. (Sidenote...Eisley weighed in once again a pound heavier than two weeks ago. She is now 17 pounds 10 ounces. Yikes! She really needs to slow down now, even though I never thought I'd be saying that!

When we got home, I got the girls down for a nap, started picking up the house, then, I get a call from Jody (girls have been napping for about 45 minutes) saying that he locked his keys in his car. WHAT! I have to wake up the girls from napping, and a quiet house. Oh, don't worry, for about 30 seconds, I did try to reason with myself that it'd be okay to just run and help Jody since he was literally only a minute away. But nope, I made the wise choice, woke the girls up (they were not happy either) and went to rescue Jody. Now, they are both back asleep (which I did NOT think would happen), and I'm hoping that will stay like that, at least just for a couple more minutes.

Anyways, all to say, I really need the Lord's patience right now! I am lacking it severely! I know it is partly to do with the fact that I am still trying to get over my head cold, but I can't blame it on that fully! Oh well, give me a few days, and hopefully we will be all on track again!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

ugh, I am so sorry for your rough day! yeah... I totally understand though! If Eli is not in bed by 8:30 it is not going to be good. Our extended family was in town and after getting him to bed the first night at 10:30 with him screaming hysterically because he was past the point of exhaustion, I was like "sorry family. Eli will now be in bed by 8:30 because I'm the one that has to deal with it!" haha... hopefully those precious girls will get some good rest and tomorrow will be a bit better. :)

The Barnyards said...

I feel your pain. Justin always calls with news like that. He has locked his keys in his car many times!! I would have probably thrown a fit...you are a good wifey. :)

Randy Wilson said...

Sarah,
You are trying to mix two elements that have not seemed to mix very well in the past, Wilson and normal. Having all of you this past weekend was a pleasure even if the girls didn't get their rest. They do need it, just as all of us do, but someone had to stay up until she won Apples to Apples.
Remember what doesn't kill us only makes us stronger, it might make us all really sick and cranky and fall asleep at work but we are stronger, right...right? Oh well, I am feeling better and we loved having you all here for our crazy week-end. We love you, Papa W