Friday, December 5, 2008

Sick of it!!!!

I am so sick of being sick! I am sick of sickness being in our home! UGH! In the past month, both of my girls got an ear infection...then two weeks later they BOTH got ear infections again (or the others never cleared up) which included one of Mia's ear drums rupturing. Then we also ALL (minus Eisley) got the horrible stomach bug (and shared it with Jody's mom, dad, sister, 3 mth old niece, aunt, and cousin over Thanksgiving. And now, I found out yesterday that I have strep throat, sinus infection, and an almost ear infection. I was hurting REALLY bad yesterday! My throat hurts pretty bad still today, but I do see progress. At least my horrible headache is gone! Thank the Lord for medicine, even if it did have to come in the form of a shot!

I really believe strongly that this sickness has been a huge attack from Satan on our family. We never get this sick this often!!! I know the Lord is doing great things in our family, and even preparing us for things unseen, so I really can quickly see this as an attack from the enemy! Please join me as we pray against this! Its kinda ridiculous!!! Jody is leading worship this weekend through Tuesday night in Kansas, and I get to go with him! Just him and me, and I am so excited! (Thanks to Nana, Grandad, MaMaw and Papa for watching our girls for the next 5 days) Not that Garden City, Kansas is going to be an exciting of a town, but it WILL be fun just to have some alone time with my husband! Therefore, I HAVE to be feeling better by tomorrow morning!

I had thought about posting a sad picture of me sick, just to get the point across, but then I quickly decided against that, realizing...Who in the world would enjoy that???? NO ONE!!!!! So, instead here are some other pictures from happier times over the Thanksgiving week (when people weren't sick!)

Mia was ALL excited to see Santa and give him her list (a piece of paper she had writen stuff only Santa could understand) but when it came down to being right next to Santa, she freaked out once again, and did NOT want to be near him. So, at least this year I didn't force her to sit in Santa's lap like I did last year.


Mia last year in Santa's lap. She didn't out-grow it. Maybe next year???


Eisley, "um, yeah, I'm sitting in Santa's lap, no big deal. I'll just sit here and suck my thumb. What's the big deal Mia?"


Our family with Jody's mom (his dad was...you guessed it...at home sick!)


Jody's sister, Amy, and her husband Zach (Zoe was sleeping in the stroller)


Our family, waiting an hour and a half to see Santa...OUTSIDE!


Daddy and Eisley


Eisley waiting so patiently to see Santa


Mia waiting for Santa...and it was SOOO cold outside!


Eisley still waiting


Our niece, Zoe, she's getting so big!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

oh my gosh!! I can't believe all of that sickness! That sounds horrible!!! Mia's ear drum ruptured??? What does that even mean?? it sounds REALLY scary!

geez.. I'm so sorry friend!! Eli has RSV right now.

winter, why do you have to be so nasty?

The Barnyards said...

I'm SO sorry for all the sickness!! I will be praying! I am so excited that you get alone time with Jody....I wish Justin and I could to something like that SOON. But you know my lil' Riv is still pretty attached...and yes, still not eating real food. (Are you kidding me?)

I love the pics of the girls! Eisley's hair is getting so long!!!! She's so beautiful! Those pictures of Mia crying make me want to cry!! That's hilarious that you made her sit in Santa's lap last year....classic pic!

Well friend, I pray you get to feeling better. I would bring over a warm cider drink for your throat and some homemade cookies if I could. :(

Praying for all of your health! Lovies!

Jana said...

My niece is also terrified of Santa. Maybe this year we can get a picture--but I doubt it. We try the baby brother isn't scared stuff and she just looks at us like we've all lost our minds.