Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Candycanes and cupcakes...

"If all the snowflakes were candycanes and cupcakes, oh what a snow that would be. Standing outside with my mouth open wide, AH AH A AH A AH A AH A AH. If all the snowflakes were candycanes and cupcakes, oh what a snow that would be."

Mia had here Christmas program today at Mother's Day Out, and Mia's class had the cutest outfits EVER! They sang the song I wrote above, and they boys were dressed as Candy Canes and the girls as cupcakes. We as parents had no clue about this and it was the cutest thing EVER! I am saving the cupcake outfit though, maybe you will see it again on Eisley at a future Halloween! (Yes, it was THAT cute!)

I just LOVE LOVE LOVE this Christmas holiday season! We have already celebrated one Christmas (with my immediate family) last weekend, and then we have my extended family Christmas this coming weekend. Only to be followed by our own Christmas next weekend, then on to Jody's family in Childress after that! Its a lot of traveling, but it is SOOO worth it! I just love the sights and sounds of it all!

We also had a few snowflakes this week, so have been able to finally enjoy a fire in our fireplace for the first time this season! I love having a fireplace! So, enjoy these great pictures of our first fire of the season and our sweet little cupcake! Merry Christmas!

Don't be fooled. That is a REAL tree, not a fake one! It's probably the best looking one we've ever had!


Yes, I know. Eisley's stocking doesn't have her name on it yet. (We didn't hang them last year because we couldn't find them.) I'll take it to the Monogram shop soon.)


Our 'lil cupcake, even with a cherry on top!







My mom and her "lil cupcakes


Oh, and a shout-out goes out to my sister-in-law, Leah! Today is her birthday, so, Happy Birthday Leah! Hope your day was amazing!

8 comments:

Lindsay said...

First of all, your little cupcake is super cute! Second, I am so glad that I am not the only person who much prefers the real tree vs. a fake one. I thought I was the only one!

Have a Merry Christmas!!

Totallyscrappy said...

I LOVE the candycane and cupcake verse! What a Christmas-y clever idea. And that little costume is darling. :)

The Detwilers said...

Mia is too cute!! I bet that was really sweet. Mom said that you guys have the most beautiful tree she's ever seen. I'm excited to see it!! See ya soon!!

The Johnsons said...

That's the yummiest cupcake I've ever seen!!

Amanda said...

oh my gosh!!! that is the cutest costume ever!!!! Completely adorable!!

aww... you're right. it is a real tree. poor ole fakey at the Martin household gets booed at by visitors, but it keeps me from sneezing my face off!

Sam and Mandy said...

Too too cute! You know I am loving the cupcake outfit!

Mra said...

Wow! SO Cute! Your house looks beautiful, Sarah! So very warm and cozy! :)

The Barnyards said...

Sorry...that last comment was from me...