Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Praying for Ashley...

My dearest friend, Ashley, left last Thursday to go with her church on a mission trip to India. I am so proud of her for going. She is leaving behind her son, daughter, and husband to go minister to the people of India. This was a fairly hard decision for her as a mom, but she knew the Lord was calling her, so she went.

She had many people offer to pray for her during her trip so she was able to assign people to specific days of her trip. Although I think about her often, therefore, I pray for her each time I think about her, today is my assigned day to pray for her in a more focused way. I know the Lord is using her in so many ways to reach the women and children of India, but I also know that He is teaching her so many new things about Himself at the same time. I know she will see the world differently when she returns home on the 29th (yep, 2 weeks is a very long time to leave her family!!!) and I am excited to have that impact me as well!

So, I ask that you would also pray for my dear friend Ashley as well. You can read about her trip and specific prayer needs on her blog here. Thank you for lifting her up!

2 comments:

Tara said...

I'm thinking about her so often and know she is lifted up by many!

Ingram Gang said...

I get home on the 27th. Gosh. Don't make me stay longer than I have to. :)

I'm SOOOO kidding. I just read your blog. Thank you so so so much. I know people are praying, God has made that evident. Keep it up, we need it.

Can't wait to see you.

Ash

p.s. I just got back from the market. I bought you something!!!