Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Eisley's weight update...

So, we went took Eisley to the pediatrician yesterday for her weight check, and she weighed in at 8 lbs 6 oz.  I know, this is still so little for a 3 month old, but this is GREAT for her.  She is gaining her daily ounce this past week, which is exactly what the dr is waiting for.  We will continue to supplement each feeding with 2 ounces of formula, but the good news is that I don't have to supplement the very first feeding anymore, since she spits up the most in the morning.  This is very exciting for us.  I just can't wait for her to get plump.  Well, maybe she will never be plump since she's so long, but I am just ready for her to get more fat on her bones.  Soon enough.  We go in for another weight check in two weeks now instead of 4 days.  This too is much better.  She continues to do very well.  She seems to be full of smiles and "coos" a lot lately, which is my favorite part.  Thank you all for your prayers in this.  It was a hard couple of weeks, but we are definately on the up and up now.  Praise the Lord.  


PS...Thanks goes out to Mandy for the very cool name tag at the top!  I adore it!

5 comments:

Emily Suzanne said...

Hey Sarah! You've inspired me to start my own blog!! Thanks for that inspiration... might have a few questions for you! This is a great site!

Sam and Mandy said...

Good Job Eisley for gaining weight!!! The tag looks great and matches better than I thought it would!

JacqueGreen said...

I think Miss Eisley is already looking "plump" in her latest pic. She's precious and perfect...that's all there is to it! And you are a good momma! We missed you tonight! Love u!

The Barnyards said...

I love your blog!! My computer is dead but our new one should be in this week sometime! Glad to hear about Eisley's weight gain! Thank you Jesus! Hope you are doing well! Lovies!

Bethany said...

Sarah...how are you! so emily convinced me to get one of these and i love it so far...i was going to talk to you about maybe taking pictures of your girls in the near future...let me know what you think! i love ya!